Notifications
Clear all

Bio-alcamid experience

MemberMember
(@lastingpier)

Posted : 02/15/2018 9:33 am

Hi,

I'm new to the site. I don't suffer from acne anymore (thank God for roaccutane) but I have been left with scarring. I know the devastating effect of acne. I had it for about 20 years and it reappeared in my 30s and 40s. I started with it in the 70s and the doctor recommended a sun lamp and I was left on antibiotics for years. It wasn't until my 30s when it I was put on roaccutane. The results were amazing!! I do feel sad though that many years were blighted by this skin condition. It meant I had no confidence at all and was unable to fulfil my potential.
I am now 61 and get told all the time that I don't look my age. I have no wrinkles!

In 2005 I went to a reputable clinic which recommended bio-alcamid for a scar on my cheek. A few of the staff had had it so I went ahead. It was successful but after about 9 years I noticed some swelling in my cheek. I went back to the clinic and they agreed to pay a top consultant to remove it. This was successful but I was left with a deep indent in my cheek.

I then looked into Fat transfer which involved some fat being taken from my stomach and injected into my cheek. The surgeon said that it might need topping up. Although it was ok for a while the indent was still obvious but not as bad. The surgeon refused to redo it. ( I was lucky enough to get it done on the nhs). Now I am still left with the indentation!!
I am now considering paying for it privately. I have no choice as the company which made Bio-alcamid have gone out of business. There have been horrendous stories 're this filler and I am lucky not to have had a worse experience. I just hope that this second fat transfer will do the job.

Please be careful with any procedure as the effects may not appear until years afterwards. My scar was left in a worse state than it was in the first place!

MemberMember
(@user650286)

Posted : 02/15/2018 8:45 pm

Thank you for sharing this cautionary tale. I just looked this type of filler upon Real Self and Im floored at what happened to people.So sorry this happened to you! Good luck!!