Notifications
Clear all

accutane tests checks for weed?

MemberMember
(@brianhojo)

Posted : 02/10/2018 3:13 pm

So ive smoked weed several times this week and im about to take the blood test for my accutane prescription. I was wondering if the doctorswill notice if ive been smoking weed?

MemberMember
(@plaguevictim)

Posted : 02/11/2018 1:05 pm

No idea. Have you considered not smoking weed, perhaps? :) 

MemberMember
(@brianhojo)

Posted : 02/12/2018 1:02 am

yea i actually stopped for a few days now.. but im worried that the doctors will notice this

MemberMember
(@southland97)

Posted : 02/12/2018 3:52 am

No. I very very very highly doubt it. Your Derm or GP will likely conduct a blood panel which will provide information on your lipids/cholesterol (i.e to check liver values as accutane is very hepatotoxic). It MAY have information on oestrogen, testosterone, LH, FSH, estradiol etc. but I doubt even that.

They will certainly not be testing for the presence of drugs (except birth control), this is in fact illegal and would require your permission.

So just to reaffirm, I would bet my house that they don't test for weed.

And EVEN if they did (which they won't), it is completely irrelevant to them. Cannabis has no interaction effects with Isotretinoin and the only values it really effects are slight elevations in oestrogen and a slight decrease in testosterone (which wouldn't be noticeable and would be within the normal range).

brianhojo liked
MemberMember
(@brianhojo)

Posted : 02/12/2018 9:45 am

phewww thank you so much i was worrying so much bc of this

MemberMember
(@lifeswaitingtobegin)

Posted : 02/13/2018 10:35 pm

They wont be checking for weed and even if it showed up Im sure it wouldnt be of concern to them...weed got you paranoid lol

MemberMember
(@macleod)
MemberMember
(@madele)

Posted : 06/29/2021 10:00 am

How good it is to smoke weed?