Notifications
Clear all

What DermaRoller Measurement will be suitable for my scars??

MemberMember
(@xavier39)

Posted : 02/10/2018 12:20 pm

image link: http://ibb.co/fpYSvm
http://ibb.co/fc8XT6
what measurements will be correct for my scars , i need to eliminate or make these scars less noticeable before the start of September. so someone please help me

MemberMember
(@beautifulambition)

Posted : 02/10/2018 12:22 pm

Do not dermaroll. IT creates microtears either get a dermastamp manual stamp or the derminator which is motorized (Allowing you to adjust the length). 1.5mm is the correct depth. Look at the FAQ, goto the microneedle section.

[Link removed]

MemberMember
(@xavier39)

Posted : 02/10/2018 12:31 pm

so your saying derma roller will not help me at all

MemberMember
(@beautifulambition)

Posted : 02/10/2018 12:48 pm

No derma stamping will help! Unless your using it on your body,then your roll.. larger space. You treat each scar with a dermastamp. If you already own one then use what you have.

MemberMember
(@clood)

Posted : 02/14/2018 4:56 pm

Dermarolling is still an excellent cheap at-home scar treatment method. It is established through a significant amountof evidence (search pubmed).

Dr. Davin Lim just posted a guide to safely dermaroll at home:

MemberMember
(@beautifulambition)

Posted : 02/14/2018 8:02 pm

@CLOOD 

No one is debating microneedling. In Dr Lim's earlier videos. He states dermastamping causing microtears to the skin and thus is not a good idea. This recent video He call's it a "version 1 device". He also states dermastamping is a "version 2 device."

In the video one must use a dermaroller only once (disposable) , when dermarollers are far costlier than dermastamps. 

The best solution is a automated machine like the derminator to do needling at multiple lengths for DIY, followed by a manual dermastamp.

Further the OP's scars in the picture will not be eliminated with dermastamping alone. As you can see he has rolling  & boxcar scars. 

skin-tearing-dermapen.png
Dermapen3 Micro Skin Needling Device | Dermapen World

Microneedling Quincy & Plymouth | DermASAP

MemberMember
(@clood)

Posted : 02/14/2018 9:27 pm

I'm just saying OP will likely see some improvement with conventionaldermarolling.

Ps. I think the gifs you posted are exaggerating the difference. They are from Dermapen interested in selling their device.

Edit: Links to Suppliers