Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Guardian10

2nd Round of Subcision Completed

Hello All,

Roughly 2 weeks ago, I completed my 2nd round of subcision with Dr Peter Rullan in San Diego, CA. I went with him the 1st subcision in 2017. That time I did filler at the same time, but wasn't very happy with the filler since too much extra was put on my skin. This time I just did the subcision, and the results are looking superb. I'm 90% healed up as well; just a bit of bruising left on the left side. About 5 days after I did the surgery I was already back at the gym btw. So the healing is going very well.

One thing I noticed was brand new with this subcision is there's a new step done at the end (the nurse does it). Something about draining the blood, which reduces the chances those bumps occur that linger for months after the subcision. 

Fantastic doctor that I highly recommend. I'll update with before/after pics soon.

Was wondering what happened to you, looking forward to pics. My second subcision was a pretty big jump, hopefully yours is too.

Sounds fantastic. So Dr Rullian thought there was no risk of the subcision failing without using filler as a spacer? Because the scars can teether back up?

Great to hear of your results. Keep it up. 

@ScarRight I helped Guardian some time ago. His main issue was box car scarring on his temples. As we know this is quite a fat deficient area (in some that have athletic or thin faces). He originally had subcision done by Rullan, which he had flown in to SD for the treatment. The doctor did Nokor and then also injected filler at the same time (this is why I say wait until the swelling goes down from subcision before filler). There was bump(s) created and the filler had to be dissolved. He also had RF Microneedling like Infini RF which helped alot on his temples. 

Lessons here: Injecting while you have the swelling of subcision can cause over injecting aka bumps. The temples have a small amount of fat on a athletic man and thus filler not injected properly can lead to bumps. RF Subcision is extremely helpful in this area. Subcision without filler can work for "some" people and they never have tethering. The blood basically acts as a spacer. It depends on the amount of fat loss, type of scar, location, how it was performed, your body's ability to metabolize blood. Everything is not universal, hence why one must goto a skilled doctor for scar work. The cheeks is a different area than the temple or forehead or chin. Every patient must be assessed and treated separately. What worked for Guardian is subcision and rf needling without filler in those shallow temples.