Accutane

MemberMember
(@missanimemusic)

Posted : 02/05/2018 12:49 pm

So I started taking Accutane 3 weeks ago, I'm on 30mg dose once a day. But people noticed my hair got a lot thinner, is this because of accutane but it's only been three weeks? I'm so worried, I think I'm going to stop but will my hair be thick again?

Please and thank you for any input! <3

MemberMember
(@abi72)

Posted : 02/05/2018 3:09 pm

2 hours ago, missanimemusic said:

So I started taking Accutane 3 weeks ago, I'm on 30mg dose once a day. But people noticed my hair got a lot thinner, is this because of accutane but it's only been three weeks? I'm so worried, I think I'm going to stop but will my hair be thick again?

Please and thank you for any input! <3

You need to do research asap. Many say their hair sheds for years after and is never as thick again.
Accutane messes with your hormones.

Are you female?

MemberMember
(@missanimemusic)

Posted : 02/06/2018 1:34 am

10 hours ago, hatetane said:
You need to do research asap. Many say their hair sheds for years after and is never as thick again.
Accutane messes with your hormones.

Are you female?

Yes I am a female, I looked it up and saw people who have lost hair from accutane that is why I'm worried :/ I hope my hair will be thick again and I hope this is the reason why.... got experience in this?

MemberMember
(@abi72)

Posted : 02/06/2018 8:13 am

6 hours ago, missanimemusic said:
Yes I am a female, I looked it up and saw people who have lost hair from accutane that is why I'm worried :/ I hope my hair will be thick again and I hope this is the reason why.... got experience in this?

There is a good chance you heir will never be as thick again. You may continue to shred for many years.
Accutane can may you chronically sick and with all that that entails. 

No one will tell you any differently.
If you are looking for someone to tell you that all will be well you will not find them.
Because there is a chance, a big chance, that you will not fully recover all your hair.

The risk is your to take.