Notifications
Clear all

Dark reddish spot on chest

MemberMember
(@letteredvinyl)

Posted : 02/01/2018 5:50 pm

hi,
so I don't really have a lot of facial acne or scarring; my face is pretty smooth & so is most of the rest of my body.
It's just this one spot on my chest, probably about 2 cm in diameter; it's like this dark, reddish, mark on my chest. It's been there for a little under a year now, and I've tried treating it with all sorts of at home things, like baking soda, lemon juice, and coconut oil, but it doesn't seem to be going away. It formed because I had a pimple/whitehead that I popped, and then I didn't leave the scab alone. Now it's a much bigger issue, and I'm really wishing I left it alone!!
I'm really embarrassed to see a dermatologist (I know I should, & I'm going to make an appointment hopefully soon), or to wear anything low-cut. I know it's not that big of an issue, but it just sucks because I'm not ashamed of the rest of my body, and I hate that this one thing is holding me back so much.

Do you guys have any tips? Or any treatment/cover-up options that have worked?

Thank you <3

MemberMember
(@beautifulambition)

Posted : 02/01/2018 11:13 pm

Makeup can "cover it up." The best thing you can do is a a aesetic dermatologist or med spa and have them do laser on the "red spot" V-beam, excel V, IPL, or 1064nm are all options, and it takes several treatments.

There are other treatments take a look at the faq- top of the scar solutions sub, first post FAQ, then goto the skin section and PIE and PIH.