Notifications
Clear all

What type of acne scars do I have ?

MemberMember
(@cluemanati)

Posted : 01/29/2018 9:19 am

Hello guys, I had mild acne all of throughout HS . I was prescribed (accutane) or the newer version of acctuane last year September. I got off of accutane mid December. I™ve been using a .25 Derma roller and vitamin c serum to try to get rid of my marks . What type of acne scars do I have ? How long would it take to get rid of them ? Any advice for me ? BTW my skin is red in the picture because I just used the Derma roller ,  serum and moisturizer .

7588AEF0-FF99-47B3-96CB-2A4844EC4FDB.jpeg

MemberMember
(@beautifulambition)

Posted : 01/29/2018 10:24 pm

Hi there, the redness thew me off too, haha.

You have textural rolling scars. Are you using retin a or tretinorin nightly at home? You can buy differin from Target OTC.

If your doing microneedling you also need to be peeling with TCA. One separate months. They work together. For a how to goto the scar solutions sub, first post faq, then the tca section, and click the link, read the whole first page. Or you can have your doctor do a sedated deep peel to get under the scars. Another option is erbium laser resurfacing, as a alternative.

Because of your skin pigment you need to use skin bleaching or skin whitening cream that has ingredients hydroquinone or albutin with your differin for 3 weeks before any procedure to avoid hyperpigmentation.

MemberMember
(@cluemanati)

Posted : 01/31/2018 9:43 am

Thanks for the reply, I am not on any type of medication anymore . I am only using a derma roller .25 and this vitamin c serum---->>>>> https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01CK695QG/ I joined the navy and I ship out too boot camp for 8 weeks. I am not allowed personal products.