Notifications
Clear all

Chemical burns from Clindamycin and BP

MemberMember
(@lins91)

Posted : 01/28/2018 4:45 pm

Any help is greatly appreciated.

I recently went to my dermatologist and she prescribed Epiduo for my cystic acne on my chin. And I used to use Clindamycin/Benzoyl Peroxide (1.2%/5%) on my nose/forehead. I started the peroxide again last week and only used it twice before it started making my skin feel like a lizard and burn like FIRE when I moisturize. Its been about 4-5 days ago and its still not calming down.

Im not sure if its due to putting moisturizer on after I put the creams on and it spread the creams to my normal skin (skin without acne issues) and it was too strong or what happened. It hurts and burns all the time and feels like my skin is going to rip when I open my mouth.

My current routine: morning - CeraVe hydrating facial cleanser or Cetaphil antibacterial bar soap and CeraVe PM moisturizer (its more moisturizing than AM) and night: Cetaphil antibacterial bar soap, Benzoyl peroxide on nose and forehead, Epiduo on chin. Moisturizer again.

I dont know what else to do. Every time I moisturize it feels like chemical burns on my face. I dont go back to the dermatologist until March. If youve had this issue and you found something that works better, please let me know! Im desperate. The only way I can get relief now i moisturizer, Vaseline and a fan on my face.

(@Anonymous)

Posted : 01/28/2018 5:30 pm

Just dont use the creams again only moisturiser until your skin settles,might take about 7days or so.the apply it before the moisturiser in moderation,let it absorb then moisturise.
:)