Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
jazzaa36

Closed comedones on forehead ?! Accutane?

Hello, I had began to develop closed comedones on my forehead the past couple of months, hence I went to the GP and got prescribed epiduo in addition to that I began using AHA/BAH. After 1-2 month use I thought I saw improvement [bumps becoming more apparent with blackheads and heads?]? (judge for yourself from pics below and please tell me!). I decided to go to a dermatologist with the idea of getting these extracted and potentially getting another cream, but instead it was a very short trip with him prescribing me with accutane 10mg for 8months? Which I am hesitate to commence especially for my sort of acne. Would it be best to go to an aesthetician and get these extracted and continue with a similar regime or go on accutane? Please leave your opinion! THANKS

Picture before before any use of topicals: https://imgur.com/a/7PeMi
Pics with the use of topicals: https://imgur.com/a/UxJHC

btw the rest of my face besides my forehead is relatively clear!

Since the rest of your face except for your forehead is relatively clear, I don't think accutane is a good choice. I think there's no need for such strong medication for your current condition. This should be able to clear up with some antibiotics and a good BHA exfoliant.

Whiteheads are hard to extract. I don't think extraction is the best way. Best way is to use BHA to dissolve them. 

I had closed comedones all over my face in the past. I was prescribed doxycycline and Skinlycious Anti-Acne Bundle. All the closed comedones cleared up with Skinlycious Anti-Acne Bundle even though I didn't take the prescribed antibiotics.

Edited by JasmineK
accutane spelled wrongly