Notifications
Clear all

Fractora for deep ice pick scarring

MemberMember
(@skinnypuck)

Posted : 01/22/2018 4:44 pm

Help!

i have deep ice pick scarring and suffer with eczema and sensitive skin (nightmare!) So finding a treatment for my scarring has proven difficult. I've spoken to a dermatologist who has advised fractora would be the best treatment and wouldn't cause my eczema to flare up during recovery. It sounds as though fractora would be the only treatment not to irritate my skin and cause further problems during recovery, howeverI have read elsewhere that fractora wouldn't change the appearance of icepick scars. Has anyone had any luck with fractora and ice pick scarring? Any help or recommendations would be appreciated!

Thanks in advance!

MemberMember
(@beautifulambition)

Posted : 01/22/2018 6:00 pm

Fractora as I recall is a kind of rf microneedling. This does nothing for ice pic scarring, ... but does protect the epidermis if insulated. Ice pics respond best to tca cross and only treat the icepick scar bed, so this might be a option. Doesn't sound like he does it though.

With sensitivity your only other option is clear and brilliant (takes several sessions) or laser genesis, these are more gentle lasers. But cross is best.

MemberMember
(@skinnypuck)

Posted : 01/23/2018 2:03 pm

Hi, thank you for reply! I've not heard of the last two you mentioned so I'll definitely look into those :)