Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
tmdandj

What is this on my face?

I’ve only had it for a few days and don’t remember doing anything to the affected area to cause this. It keeps peeling even when I’m not touching it and seems to stay moist and ooze a yellowish liquid. It’s not healing and I’d like to know what it is and how to heal it. So far I’ve tried using hydrogen peroxide and then neosporin with a bandaid, but that didn’t work. Any help is appreciated!

Also ive been on Accutane since late Novemeber if that might be of any help.1DA9F743-0D1C-487F-855A-97EC5D9A27F5.jpeg

D9F0BD55-FA58-42DF-820A-2420D29E1817.jpeg

A395E0E7-19BD-4385-A1C5-0AA9EBC2406E.jpeg

I've had one of those.
I cant talk for you but my derm told me I got infected with strephtococcus and prescribed my a cream and desinfection spray.
One thing - if you shower, always take a new towel because it may spread otherwise.
And try to moisturize your skin a lot :)

I've been reading up on it and the closest thing I've found is that it might be impetigo, although it's not near my mouth. I also have a spot on my left eyebrow of similar condition. Should I see a doctor for antibiotics? 

1 hour ago, tmdandj said:

I've been reading up on it and the closest thing I've found is that it might be impetigo, although it's not near my mouth. I also have a spot on my left eyebrow of similar condition. Should I see a doctor for antibiotics? 

Yes!