Notifications
Clear all

99% clear by going vegetarian & gluten free

MemberMember
(@elpollo92)

Posted : 01/14/2018 2:29 pm

hi everyone, hope you're doing well! just wanna post here what helped me to get my acne under control, it may be able to help someone out with this horrible thing as acne is. I'm male 20 years old from costa Rica(tropical warm weather) and have had oily skin and acne almost all my teenage, before I thought it's totally normal and that eventually it would go away with time, but it was approximately 2 years ago when my acne started getting bad(cystic acne) bad to a point where I have a couple of scars (Ice pick, V shaped) that are really unnoticeable and tiny so they don't really annoy me, and also around 2 hypopigmentated scars (white flat scars that never regained original skin color) they're not noticeable either so I dont care.

I really never cared about diet and thought it was an underlying problem in my body the cause of my acne, and also I've always been someone who adores food so changing diet was not an option for me, I used to eat bread everyday, red meat, pork and would eat junk food like 3 times per week.

3 months ago I started to realize it was not worth to have this psychological pain all the time and that I had to do something about it, not only that it would help my skin but also my body in general so I decided to change my diet, I was offered Accutane but I decided that taking this drug was not worth it so diet was my only option for now and it would also be the best thing.

for moral reasons, I became vegetarian first, it was very hard as stuff like meat, chicken had always been one of my favorite meals but now I think that it's not worth of how much an innocent animal has to suffer all their lives for me to have a good meal, it's just cruel and now every time I see any meat I feel like throwing up, even tho the taste is good, what hides behind is enough for me to say goodbye to it forever. (some will have a different opinion on it which is totally acceptable and respectable)

going vegetarian helped me tons to lessen my acne also, but something was missing and my cosmetician that does me extractions told me to try to stop eating gluten for a few weeks (you know that thing that is in pasta, bread, etc.... gluten is something that produces a lot of inflammation in the body and can definitely cause acne for some people like me that are prone to it, also every time I used to eat bread I. would get awful bloating, gases, etc so that may be an indication you're sensitive to gluten. anyway I tried it out and it was what helped me the most! my acne literally disappeared in a matter of 2 months, no more cysts of bumps! it was hard to leave gluten as I would always have bread for breakfast and subway was my favorite restaurant to go too but now I've found other things that also taste good and they do not do harm on me that gluten does.
the only gluten I get now is from a couple of beers that I have onweekends and that's it( I believe the beer I drink does not have much gluten as I dont have any bloating after drinking it) but just by doing that I can proudly say that I dont have acne anymore, I only get like 1 a whitehead per week goes away like in 2 days if I don't touch it and immediately if I pop it properly.

now im onlydealing with red marks and a couple of shallow. scars which im confident will fill up in time as they have improved a lot recently, the only thing is use in my skin now is aloe vera mousiturizer in the morning and at night aloe vera gel straight from the plant and ita done wonders specially for the red marks & scar,also I exfoliate twice a week with a mix of. baking soda and honey as recommended by the cosmetician.

I'm not encouraging anyone to go. vegetarian or gluten free, but if you are so depressed because of acne as I was and you dont wanna try harsh things like Accutane or retin a etc, changing your diet would be the first thing you should do. (specially gluten)most of my protein comes from light yogurt, 2 organic eggs per day, rice and beans and cottage cheese In case you're wondering where to get your protein from.

hope this may be able to help someone out and have a good day! (sorry for bad English, as it's not my first language)