Notifications
Clear all

Why wash face in the morning?

MemberMember
(@hopeful74)

Posted : 01/04/2018 1:06 pm

I have a question....I am on epiduo forte, I apply it at night after I cleanse my face. I apply my epiduo and then wait 2 hours to apply my moisturizer. When I wake up my face looks pretty good, acne isn't gone but my face is a normal color and my acne doesn't look as bad. As soon as I wash and apply my moisturizer my face stays red for a bit. I don't get any burning or stinging, but my face and acne looks worse until my face calms down again. So I was wondering, do I really need to wash in the morning? Could I just rinse my face with luke warm water and apply moisturzier and then sunscreen?

MemberMember
(@kellyk05)

Posted : 01/04/2018 5:58 pm

You want to wash your face in the morning because you were just sleeping on it all night and the oil and dirt from your face gets on your pillowcase and makes you breakout. Also, its good to wash the acne med off your face or at least thats what my derm told me. Best of luck!

Hopeful74 liked
MemberMember
(@hopeful74)

Posted : 01/04/2018 11:54 pm

5 hours ago, Kellyk05 said:

You want to wash your face in the morning because you were just sleeping on it all night and the oil and dirt from your face gets on your pillowcase and makes you breakout. Also, its good to wash the acne med off your face or at least thats what my derm told me. Best of luck!

Thank you... I appreciate the response 🙂

MemberMember
(@duperele)

Posted : 01/05/2018 2:44 pm

Well you do not need to wash :). I am using epiduo and i NEVER wash my face, only splash it with water to get the epiduo of it, and i am 100% clear with a odd one (when i eat badly).

MemberMember
(@hopeful74)

Posted : 01/05/2018 3:35 pm

49 minutes ago, Duperele said:

Well you do not need to wash :). I am using epiduo and i NEVER wash my face, only splash it with water to get the epiduo of it, and i am 100% clear with a odd one (when i eat badly).

really, thank you for the feedback.  That is interesting would love to try that but afraid of making my acne worse.  I have to apply moisturizer in the morning because my face is so dry and sunblock so I am not sure what would happen if I put these 2 things on without washing off my epiduo first.  I might give it a try when I am a bit more brave.  @Duperelecan I ask how long you have been on epiduo?

MemberMember
(@duperele)

Posted : 01/05/2018 4:05 pm

27 minutes ago, Hopeful74 said:
really, thank you for the feedback.  That is interesting would love to try that but afraid of making my acne worse.  I have to apply moisturizer in the morning because my face is so dry and sunblock so I am not sure what would happen if I put these 2 things on without washing off my epiduo first.  I might give it a try when I am a bit more brave.   @Duperelecan I ask how long you have been on epiduo?

Yes i also use face moistruizer. My routine is to wash my face under the shower in the evening, apply epiduo and go to sleep. Then in the morning I wash only with water once again and apply the moistruizer. It works perfect.

I have been on epiduo for 6 months now :) 

MemberMember
(@hopeful74)

Posted : 01/06/2018 10:43 am

18 hours ago, Duperele said:
Yes i also use face moistruizer. My routine is to wash my face under the shower in the evening, apply epiduo and go to sleep. Then in the morning I wash only with water once again and apply the moistruizer. It works perfect.

Can I ask about how long it took for you to see results from epiduo?  And were you on an antibiotic too?

MemberMember
(@duperele)

Posted : 01/06/2018 11:02 am

15 minutes ago, Hopeful74 said:
18 hours ago, Duperele said:

Can I ask about how long it took for you to see results from epiduo?  And were you on an antibiotic too?

I was on antibiotic too, but I don't think it was epiduo that did the work because my back did not change until i started using epudo on it. It took 13 weeks to get 100% clean, and by saying 100% i mean 100%. Now that I started eating a litle bit more greasy :P i get an odd one now and then. But epiduo keeps my acne at bay. 

It takes time, I know, but it is really worth it at the end.  

MemberMember
(@hopeful74)

Posted : 01/07/2018 9:29 am

22 hours ago, Duperele said:
I was on antibiotic too, but I don't think it was epiduo that did the work because my back did not change until i started using epudo on it. It took 13 weeks to get 100% clean, and by saying 100% i mean 100%. Now that I started eating a litle bit more greasy :P i get an odd one now and then. But epiduo keeps my acne at bay. 

It takes time, I know, but it is really worth it at the end.  

I see some improvement, but I still get new ones everyday.  Its 31 days today since I have been on it this regimen.  I am eating pretty healthy, I only cheat every once in a while started included more fruits and veggies in my diet.  I don't even care about being 100% clear I would just like to see it much better than it is now.  I know my red flat marks make it look worse than what it is. :( I will keep at it....

MemberMember
(@duperele)

Posted : 01/07/2018 12:08 pm

2 hours ago, Hopeful74 said:
I see some improvement, but I still get new ones everyday.  Its 31 days today since I have been on it this regimen.  I am eating pretty healthy, I only cheat every once in a while started included more fruits and veggies in my diet.  I don't even care about being 100% clear I would just like to see it much better than it is now.  I know my red flat marks make it look worse than what it is. :( I will keep at it....

Do you have a picture?

MemberMember
(@hopeful74)

Posted : 01/07/2018 2:26 pm

2 hours ago, Duperele said:
4 hours ago, Hopeful74 said:

Do you have a picture?

You can see I am pretty dry still, but only a few active bumps and the rest is flat red marks.

IMG_0154.jpg

IMG_0155.jpg

MemberMember
(@duperele)

Posted : 01/08/2018 2:21 pm

23 hours ago, Hopeful74 said:
You can see I am pretty dry still, but only a few active bumps and the rest is flat red marks.

IMG_0154.jpg

IMG_0155.jpg

Yea, my acne was waaay worse and now it's 100% clear, with some hyperpigmentation and mild scarring. Just keep it up about 12 weeks, and it will be worth it :) .

MemberMember
(@hopeful74)

Posted : 01/08/2018 3:27 pm

Thanks @Duperele ....going to try! Its weird because I get whiteheads one morning, like the one you see above and it is gone the next day. But everyday I get new ones....when will that stop???

MemberMember
(@hopeful74)

Posted : 01/10/2018 9:51 am

On 1/8/2018 at 11:21 AM, Duperele said:
Yea, my acne was waaay worse and now it's 100% clear, with some hyperpigmentation and mild scarring. Just keep it up about 12 weeks, and it will be worth it :) .

When will the new breakouts stop???  I have been on minocycline and epiduo forte for 4 and 1/2 weeks now and I get new pimples everyday!!!!

MemberMember
(@duperele)

Posted : 01/10/2018 2:05 pm

4 hours ago, Hopeful74 said:
On 2018-01-08 at 8:21 PM, Duperele said:

When will the new breakouts stop???  I have been on minocycline and epiduo forte for 4 and 1/2 weeks now and I get new pimples everyday!!!!

stopped on week 13