Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
NearbyKestrel

Sorry all, mind helping me identify what scars I have please?

Sorry i've read the main thread but still not 100% sure what I have. I think I have rolling type scars? Would you mind checking the images attached and giving your thoughts?

ALso i'm looking into the treatment section in the main article, could anyone recommend best course to try based on what I have? Thanks

p.s - I have a lot of freckles! They've always been there :) Also i'm shiny has just put some stuff on.

Thanks in advance!

IMG_20171223_172206.jpgIMG_20171223_172219.jpgIMG_20171223_172254.jpgIMG_20171223_124326.jpgIMG_20171223_124345.jpg

Yes,you got more rolling type scars.might as well say it,subcision is best way to deal with them,they have tethering deeper in the skin but not defined walls.

you need collagen to grow to fill the scars out,so needling of some type is required and tca peels when you get everything more level.
:)

Awesome thanks a bunch! OK cool, so I was looking at the derminator, looks pretty good, one treatment every month for around a year before I see improvements hopefully but that's fine with me. 

Would you recommend that then move to TCA peels? 

Thanks a bunch! 

From the looks of it it looks like you honestly have a mix of everything.  That being said your scars look mild as hell so I think you could get pretty good results.  I'm not one to recommend treatments but it looks like subcision for the few tethered spots, some RF microneedling, and some TCA cross for the icepicks (looks like you have a few but not sure).  My guess is you could get very good results.     

11 minutes ago, thepwhisp said:

From the looks of it it looks like you honestly have a mix of everything.  That being said your scars look mild as hell so I think you could get pretty good results.  I'm not one to recommend treatments but it looks like subcision for the few tethered spots, some RF microneedling, and some TCA cross for the icepicks (looks like you have a few but not sure).  My guess is you could get very good results.     

Awesome! Able to offer any advice on what to do first? Sounds like using something like derminator will take roughly 12 months at 1 treatment a month? Do peels in between? Thanks! 

Only you will know if the visible scars in the normal light,theres just a few there,if they are small rollers,tiny boxcar or ice picks,if they are boxcar or ice picks and not much bigger than the thickness of a toothpick they can be tca crossed.

btw,i suggest you buy 100% tca and water this down to desired strengths,this saves having to buy different strength tca each time,best to mix your own by diluting 100% with water to the correct strength.

i would wait more like 6 weeks between treatments,this is gonna get you the best from the healing,collagen takes 3 months to grow,so 6 weeks is better than 1 month.

start by needling,wait 6 weeks then do a 15% tca peel (follow all the guide lines) 15% is weak but it should get your skin use to the tca peel process.keep reporting in so we can keep track and hopefully help with advice.this way you wont jump in too deep or go to mild.

You wanna needle moderately then wait a month,then do a 15% multi application peel (maybe 2 applications) wait a month again then evaluate your skin,then you can decide whether to needle more vigorously or the same,then next time you peel up the strength to 25%,wait 6 weeks this time,would wait 6 weeks on a strong peel and 4 weeks on needling,even 6 would be great on a vigorous needling session.

what you want to do is learn what your skin can and take and not over do it.just working up the strength of treatment as you go along to something thst realy gets your collagen and skin improving.
:)