Notifications
Clear all

Used apple cider vinegar for mole removal, stopped but will this scar?

MemberMember
(@deviboi-jpg)

Posted : 12/11/2017 12:18 pm

I used apple cider vinegar to try and remove a facial mole, but now I feel like a complete idiot. I applied it using a cotton swap for an hour 3 days in a row until I gave up on it. After a couple days, the was redness / bleeding around the mole so I applied Neosporin and a bandage. Now 2 days later, some dead skin fell off revealing a red area. I'm afraid this might be a scar and was wondering if anyone else had this situation. I'm considering going to a dermatologist to get it removed correctly (which is what I should have done in the first place). Any one know if this will scar permanently or what actions I can take so it doesn't? 

1513012666427437431560.jpg

MemberMember
(@beautifulambition)

Posted : 12/11/2017 12:49 pm

Too soon to tell if this is a scar. It looks dry why is it not wet with the triple antibiotic multiple times a day or some use honey and aloe vera.

By leaving it dry there could be a issue. Red is normal around a scar especially if you pull off the scab. It takes a few months (some up to a year) to go away, and is not quick. Classic PIE or wounding. Do not scub, pick or use any exfoliants on that area. Clean it by dabbing the area with soap and splashing with water. When the scab part goes away in the middle in a month or so you can also use silicone sheets or silicone liquid on it daily. For now it needs to be moist!

Goto a derm if you need to, there is little he can do at this point except give you a steroid and or triple antibiotic. Let your body heal.

MemberMember
(@deviboi-jpg)

Posted : 12/11/2017 1:30 pm

39 minutes ago, beautifulambition said:

Too soon to tell if this is a scar. It looks dry why is it not wet with the triple antibiotic multiple times a day or some use honey and aloe vera.

By leaving it dry there could be a issue. Red is normal around a scar especially if you pull off the scab. It takes a few months (some up to a year) to go away, and is not quick. Classic PIE or wounding. Do not scub, pick or use any exfoliants on that area. Clean it by dabbing the area with soap and splashing with water. When the scab part goes away in the middle in a month or so you can also use silicone sheets or silicone liquid on it daily. For now it needs to be moist!

Goto a derm if you need to, there is little he can do at this point except give you a steroid and or triple antibiotic. Let your body heal.

The scab part you referred to is actually still the mole. It has not disapeared. I was thinking of going to the dermatologist to have it removed.

MemberMember
(@sirius-lee)

Posted : 12/11/2017 3:04 pm

2 hours ago, deviboi.jpg said:

I used apple cider vinegar to try and remove a facial mole, but now I feel like a complete idiot. I applied it using a cotton swap for an hour 3 days in a row until I gave up on it.

Actually, you're not an idiot. This actually works. I've done it in the past and saw the moles either shrunk in size or disappear altogether. Just keep going. If it gets red or irritates the skin, apply moisturizer.

MemberMember
(@dev-nayak)

Posted : 11/20/2018 2:41 pm

How did you erase this black dot remain after mole. What did you do to disappear it. And how long it take to disappear. Please reply as quick as possible. I am also suffering from same problem. I am from India. Thank you.