Best Natural Skin Care: Honey + Yogurt + Coconut Oil

MemberMember
(@sirius-lee)

Posted : 10/31/2017 8:15 pm

In my opinion, the best way to treat acne is to
1) control your hormone/stress
2) bring inflammation down by using analgesics like aspirin
3) balance the skin's pH

I can't help you with the first two options, but the third can be successfully achieved with the following potion:
Mix equal parts (preferably 1 Tbsp) of honey, yogurt, coconut oil. Microwave for approximately 15 seconds or until it's warm to touch. Apply to face for 30 minutes. Wash off with warm wet towel. (Optional: Follow with a toner made of 1 Tbsp Apple Cider and 2 Tbsp water.)

For the inquisitive minds:

• Honey, with its naturalantibacterial property, helps to heal acne.
  • Yogurtremoves dead skin andtightens pores.
  • Coconut oil, in addition to its antimicrobial property, is an excellent moisturizer.
MemberMember
(@honeyginseng)

Posted : 10/31/2017 8:39 pm

23 minutes ago, Sirius Lee said:

In my opinion, the best way to treat acne is to
1) control your hormone/stress
2) bring inflammation down by using analgesics like aspirin
3) balance the skin's pH

I can't help you with the first two options, but the third can be successfully achieved with the following potion:
Mix equal parts (preferably 1 Tbsp) of honey, yogurt, coconut oil. Microwave for approximately 15 seconds or until it's warm to touch. Apply to face for 30 minutes. Wash off with warm wet towel. (Optional: Follow with a toner made of 1 Tbsp Apple Cider and 2 Tbsp water.)

For the inquisitive minds:

• Honey, with its natural antibacterial property, helps to heal acne.
  • Yogurt removes dead skin and tightens pores.
  • Coconut oil, in addition to its antimicrobial property, is an excellent moisturizer.

I love using honey and an olive oil/ jojoba oil mix! feels so soothing and hydrating :)
I heard that coconut oil is comedogenic though?

MemberMember
(@sirius-lee)

Posted : 10/31/2017 11:54 pm

3 hours ago, honey&ginseng said:

I heard that coconut oil is comedogenic though?

When coconut oil is used alone, then yes, it can cause breakouts. But when it's mixed with yogurt and honey, it feels really smooth and silky without the grease. Cant say I'm bubbling over with excitement just yet but no zits so far.