Notifications
Clear all

Caveman - Week 4

MemberMember
(@court6683)

Posted : 10/29/2017 11:20 am

Has anyone experienced this using the Caveman Regime before? Background.. I was on Accutane twice when I was a teenager.. Cleared my skin up beautifully. Since having kids I began breaking out again on and off... (hormonal) Since I stopped nursing the breakouts returned but I had them under control a natural regime of gentle natural cleanser, diluted apple cider vinegar toner and tea tree oil as a spot treatment. Recently I decided I was done being a prisoner to all these remedies and felt like I need to let my skin heal itself once and for all.. So I started a modified Caveman about a month ago.. I only wet my skin one a day at the end of a shower and thats it... My forehead has always been perfect even when I'm in the midst of a breakout but for the last few days its covered in what feels almost like a rash.. tiny red spots, bumpy and breakouts on my temples.. Is this part of the "detox" period of the caveman? Has anyone had experience.. Do I keep going or go back to my natural regimen.. I'm close to giving up.. IMG_3177.JPG

MemberMember
(@vanessa-p)

Posted : 11/07/2017 5:26 pm

Don't give up!! I had the exact same 'rash' at the beginning of doing the caveman regimen, except mine was around my lips and chin. I freaked out and washed it, but that just inflamed it. When I just let it breathe, it actually totally cleared up in a couple days and hasn't been back since! I know it's been a little while since you posted this, I'd love to hear where you are in your journey!

MemberMember
(@court6683)

Posted : 11/14/2017 8:48 pm

Hi Vanessa!! Ahh so I'm on week 6ish.. I did freak alittle after writing that post and ended up washing and toning for a few days but something told me to go back and stick it out.. So I have.. Its been two solid weeks now and I've barely let water touch my face.. My forehead has mostly cleared up.. I think if I were to exfoliate it it would be pretty smooth.. I'm dealing with alot of hyperpigmentation.. And now I'm dealing with cheek breakouts and a bit on my chin.. The chin comes and goes pretty quickly but the ones on my cheek hurt and are sticking around.. Idk if this is still detoxing from the caveman or what but it's almost worse then before I started all this.. So kind of frustrating at this point.. 

IMG_4932.JPG

IMG_4933.JPG

MemberMember
(@mrfringe)

Posted : 11/30/2017 9:10 am

I did this regime for around 8-9 weeks.

I honestly didn't see a huge improvement in my skin and it actually got really dry and blotchy.

I realized that my skin really does need moisturizer and there's no real way around that.

Some people have success on this regime and I think at the end of the day only you know if you think you are seeing improvements or not. I'd be weary of continuing it though if you aren't noticing much of a positive change at this stage.

MemberMember
(@potatole)

Posted : 12/13/2017 3:30 am

I never heard of this "caveman regime" seems interesting, looking forward to your progress.