Notifications
Clear all

Acne relapse

MemberMember
(@alicexmartin)

Posted : 10/20/2017 2:40 pm

Hi,
I am looking for some advice. Around 1 year ago I was prescribed by my dermatologist (via NHS) 20mg isotretinoin for 4 months. My acne cleared, however has now come back. It is not as bad as it once was but again, as like before it is persistant and won't go away. I have an appointment with my GP and am going to ask for another Referal in the hope of trying the treatment again. I am concerned that I will have to wait weeks for an appointment, that they may not give it to me and if they do that they will refuse to give me a higher dosage. What are people's experiences/advice?

thanks in advance,
Alice

MemberMember
(@abi72)

Posted : 10/20/2017 3:37 pm

46 minutes ago, Alicexmartin said:

Hi,
I am looking for some advice. Around 1 year ago I was prescribed by my dermatologist (via NHS) 20mg isotretinoin for 4 months. My acne cleared, however has now come back. It is not as bad as it once was but again, as like before it is persistant and won't go away. I have an appointment with my GP and am going to ask for another Referal in the hope of trying the treatment again. I am concerned that I will have to wait weeks for an appointment, that they may not give it to me and if they do that they will refuse to give me a higher dosage. What are people's experiences/advice?

thanks in advance,
Alice

The first dose is toxic in itself, the 2nd dose is likely to cause you longterm health problems.
If you don't believe evrything thing you see written here on the forum I suggesr you apply to MHRA and ask the for a list of all the side effects
that have been reported. it will shock you. they include sexual dysfunction and fertility problems. 20 suicides between 2014 = practically 1 per month. You have done the right thing by asking questions, so keep asking and listening from people who have no choice but to live with their permanent side effects and don't believe doctors when they tell you accutane is safe, because for some, it definitely isn't.
Look at all the threads on this foum before making your decision.

MemberMember
(@duperele)

Posted : 10/28/2017 10:36 am

Is your acne really severe enough for accutane? have you tried managing it with retinoids or antibiotics?