Notifications
Clear all

Hey I'm new here and I have severe acne.

MemberMember
(@q_q-n)

Posted : 10/17/2017 6:52 pm

It started this mid August.. I was back from a camping trip and back from staying at my cousin's house for the whole summer. School was starting to begin and I only had moderate acne at that time. But in September... all hell broke loose and I don't know why. I began to pop pimples and thought that if I cleaned my face after I popped them then everything would be okay... I was wrong. I began to break out.. I went my GP and he prescribed me doxycycline, tretinoin(retina), and benzymacin. Now this is where all hell broke loose. I started breaking more than ever when I started using doxyclicine and benzymacin, the doxycycline did nothing and the benzymacin irritated like hell. I was at my breaking point.. I had so many dark spots, papules, and pustules covering my cheeks. I was so broken down, I would cry myself to sleep and It was so hard trying to go to school. I don't know whats wrong with me, I completely turned my diet around, I excercise regulary, and my hygiene is complteely fine. People who don't have severe acne don't understand how devastating it can be to one's self-esteem. Getting called "pizza face," "Pineapple face," "connect the dots face." People asking you stupid questions like "Do you wash your face?" "Have you tried this.. have you tried that.." and sometimes people will just give you a blank star or a disgusted facial expression. These people are dicks. But I've learned to appreciate things more. I am blessed with severe acne. I feel this way because they're other people in the world thats going through rougher thing. Acne truly does build character and changes a person completely. I'm a freshmen in highschool, I'm currently on minocycline because I have wait a while before I can go on accutane due to insurance issues and long appointment waits. I don't know if anyone will read this, but thank you :) it feels great to releasell this stress

[Edited image out]

[Edited image out]

[Edited image out]

[Edited image out]

[Edited image out]

[Edited image out]

zaichik liked
MemberMember
(@spicyotter)

Posted : 10/18/2017 7:48 am

I'm so sorry that you are struggling with this, I know how much acne sucks. I'm glad that you have a healthy mind set towards your situation though and realize that there are much worse things in the world than acne. I've always told myself that if acne is my biggest problem then I'm living a very blessed life. Remember that nothing is permanent and you are still very young and with time things will improve, keep your head up. ^_^

zaichik and q_q.n liked
MemberMember
(@draci)

Posted : 10/18/2017 4:12 pm

21 hours ago, q_q.n said:

It started this mid August.. I was back from a camping trip and back from staying at my cousin's house for the whole summer. School was starting to begin and I only had moderate acne at that time. But in September... all hell broke loose and I don't know why. I began to pop pimples and thought that if I cleaned my face after I popped them then everything would be okay... I was wrong. I began to break out.. I went my GP and he prescribed me doxycycline, tretinoin(retina), and benzymacin. Now this is where all hell broke loose. I started breaking more than ever when I started using doxyclicine and benzymacin, the doxycycline did nothing and the benzymacin irritated like hell. I was at my breaking point.. I had so many dark spots, papules, and pustules covering my cheeks. I was so broken down, I would cry myself to sleep and It was so hard trying to go to school. I don't know whats wrong with me, I completely turned my diet around, I excercise regulary, and my hygiene is complteely fine. People who don't have severe acne don't understand how devastating it can be to one's self-esteem. Getting called "pizza face," "Pineapple face," "connect the dots face." People asking you stupid questions like "Do you wash your face?" "Have you tried this.. have you tried that.." and sometimes people will just give you a blank star or a disgusted facial expression. These people are dicks. But I've learned to appreciate things more. I am blessed with severe acne. I feel this way because they're other people in the world thats going through rougher thing. Acne truly does build character and changes a person completely. I'm a freshmen in highschool, I'm currently on minocycline because I have wait a while before I can go on accutane due to insurance issues and long appointment waits. I don't know if anyone will read this, but thank you :) it feels great to releasell this stress

hey bro. I know it sucks. Don't take accutane. It might destroy your life. Just google "accutane (or isotretinoin) long term side effects"

Instead, try a ketogenic diet. "Acne is absent in populations consuming Palaeolithic diets with low glycaemic load and no consumption of milk or dairy products."
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/22419445

Also excimer laser therapy and phototherapy looks very promicing for acne.

Sometimes you see a guy with bad acne with a hot girl. You can become that guy. You can be super confident and super masculine so that nobody will dare make comments about your skin anymore. Go to the gym, find a passion, and become good at countering stupid comments. Women will get wet when they feel your confidence and dominance ;)

MemberMember
(@q_q-n)

Posted : 10/22/2017 8:59 pm

On 10/18/2017 at 5:12 PM, draci said:
hey bro. I know it sucks. Don't take accutane. It might destroy your life. Just google "accutane (or isotretinoin) long term side effects"

Instead, try a ketogenic diet. "Acne is absent in populations consuming Palaeolithic diets with low glycaemic load and no consumption of milk or dairy products."

Sometimes you see a guy with bad acne with a hot girl. You can become that guy. You can be super confident and super masculine so that nobody will dare make comments about your skin anymore. Go to the gym, find a passion, and become good at countering stupid comments. Women will get wet when they feel your confidence and dominance ;)

I got rid of all "bad" foods for acne and it didn't seem to do anything. Most of my acne is caused from stress and horomonal imbalance.. Thank you though.

MemberMember
(@eric99)

Posted : 10/23/2017 2:53 am

you can try to use an anti bacteria cream , Allium cepa ( onion ) is one of the most effective substances to kill bacteria .

MemberMember
(@draci)

Posted : 10/23/2017 5:16 am

8 hours ago, q_q.n said:
On 18/10/2017 at 11:12 PM, draci said:

I got rid of all "bad" foods for acne and it didn't seem to do anything. Most of my acne is caused from stress and horomonal imbalance.. Thank you though.

But did you try a hardcore paleo diet? People say they tried not eating sugar and milk products. But what you really have to do is no sugar, no bread, nothing that has wheat/grains, no spaghetti, no milk, no cheese... you get my point. It is extremely tough for us people who have eaten this shit all our lives.

(@Anonymous)

Posted : 10/23/2017 6:05 am

Acne is caused by bacteria so you should be going to see a dr,your face is quite sore and warrants oral anti biotics should as tetracycline,even accutane but try tetracycline,it should start clearing your face up after a couple of weeks.you can get 2 capsules daily,think dose is 300mg/408mg ir 1 capsule a day and course runs for 56 days.it works,the dr could also prescribe a topical anti biotic thats prescription only,what one depends on where you live.but definately get a course of anti biotics,dont bother buying products or changing diet yet,throwing stuff at your face and trying to eat for your acne can/will make it worse. 

So your next stop is dr,get anti biotics,something like tetracycline,dont leave without them.
:)

MemberMember
(@draci)

Posted : 10/23/2017 10:40 am

4 hours ago, Quadboy said:

Acne is caused by bacteria so you should be going to see a dr,your face is quite sore and warrants oral anti biotics should as tetracycline,even accutane but try tetracycline,it should start clearing your face up after a couple of weeks.you can get 2 capsules daily,think dose is 300mg/408mg ir 1 capsule a day and course runs for 56 days.it works,the dr could also prescribe a topical anti biotic thats prescription only,what one depends on where you live.but definately get a course of anti biotics,dont bother buying products or changing diet yet,throwing stuff at your face and trying to eat for your acne can/will make it worse. 

So your next stop is dr,get anti biotics,something like tetracycline,dont leave without them.

I agree with "dont bother buying products" but why not actually try a paleo diet or phototherapy/laser treatment?  The consequences of Antibiotics are one of modern medicines biggest problems and their success rate for acne is not so great. Im not even going to talk about accutane... Why do you recommend trying two medications with serious side effects?

MemberMember
(@spicyotter)

Posted : 10/25/2017 12:18 pm

In response to the other posts in this, I don't think antibiotics are the right choice. They kill good bacteria in your gut which will in the long term affect your overall health, and they would only temporarily reduce acne. You need good gut health in order to combat acne, and antibiotics will seriously mess that up. I would also look at accutane as a LAST resort. The side effects of accutane can be permanent, some people do fine with it, while other people have their health ruined by it. You need to make informed decisions because this isn't just about your skin, it is about your health.

MemberMember
(@q_q-n)

Posted : 10/26/2017 1:54 pm

On 10/23/2017 at 7:05 AM, Quadboy said:

You may be right.. i changed my diet because i was pissed at my moderate acne.. i changed my diet at the same time when i recieved my doxycyclince and my acne got soo bad like my face just broke out randomly

(@Anonymous)

Posted : 10/26/2017 2:26 pm

Dint change diet,just try to stay clean and keep face/hands clean.dont throw loads of products at your skin,just moisturiser is what i use,dab of finacea on any active stuff of which there is 0 at this moment bar something on one eyebrow.

i am on lymecycline and its working,1 capsule in morning 408mg.

keep your mind positive,take your anti biotics as prescribed,keep clean.if you got anti biotic topical just use on active stuff,dont pick,dont touch face,give anti biotics time to do their thing.

i dont eat dairy as i just dont eat anything dairy,not like i avoid it and same for chicken.other than that i eat like a pig!

MemberMember
(@zaichik)

Posted : 10/28/2017 2:11 pm

Yep, I™ve literally had this problem which started in August. I™ve realised that popping pimples isn™t for the better at all. It's good that you've found a way to let some frustration go. This acne will not last you forever. I highly doubt that your diet or hygiene is the cause of this breakout. I, myself, have pointed to stress and hormones. I mean it™s totally normal to have acne because of hormones - it™s the most reasonable explanation. I know that many of my friends don™t sleep as much as I do (I sleep 9-10hrs every night) and I think that lack of sleep affects me badly. Could having a regular sleeping pattern help? Or perhaps spending more time outside? I don™t know, I just hope that whatever you may be stressed about passes (like exams, and being unhappy at school for me). Please don™t take any medication your gut tells you not to, even if the acne really gets to you. Be strong. You seem a good person. Message me if you like and I™ll happily talk :)