Notifications
Clear all

Why hasn't accurate worked for me

MemberMember
(@ravdog2000)

Posted : 10/17/2017 6:07 am

I'm a 17 year old male and I've been on accutane for almost 10 months. Prior to going on accutane my acne was bad but not especially cystic. Since I've been on accutane my skin has improved a little, however it is still a long way from clear. I still get around 1-2 new spots a day, some of which can be quite large. I was initially put on 30mg per day and they gradually worked my way up on 60 but I had to reduce it to 40 because my skin was too dry. Anyways, I was hoping somebody could give me some advice on how to stop breaking out. I was told by my dermatologist that accutane takes around 6-9 months to work. Can someone tell me why that hasn't happened to me?

MemberMember
(@draci)

Posted : 10/18/2017 4:08 pm

On 17/10/2017 at 1:07 PM, Ravdog2000 said:

I'm a 17 year old male and I've been on accutane for almost 10 months.  Prior to going on accutane my acne was bad but not especially cystic.  Since I've been on accutane my skin has improved a little, however it is still a long way from clear.  I still get around 1-2 new spots a day, some of which can be quite large. I was initially put on 30mg per day and they gradually worked my way up on 60 but I had to reduce it to 40 because my skin was too dry.  Anyways, I was hoping somebody could give me some advice on how to stop breaking out.  I was told by my dermatologist that accutane takes around 6-9 months to work.  Can someone tell me why that hasn't happened to me?

hey bro,

if your acne comes back, it is a good sign. It means that your body has not been permanently changed/damaged by accutane. Google long term side effects of accutane or Isotretinoin. You don't want none of that.

From now on try out a ketogenic diet:

"Acne is absent in populations consuming Palaeolithic diets with low glycaemic load and no consumption of milk or dairy products."
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/22419445

Also excimer laser therapy and phototherapy looks very promicing for acne.

Sometimes you see a guy with bad acne with a hot girl. You can become that guy. You can be super confident and super masculine so that nobody will dare make comments about your skin anymore. Go to the gym, find a passion, and become good at countering stupid comments. Women will get wet when they feel your confidence and dominance ;)