Notifications
Clear all

Which procedure would work best for boxcar and ice pick acne scars?

MemberMember
(@beautifully_scared)

Posted : 10/12/2017 6:29 pm

Hello, I had really bad acne in my early 20s which was treated with Tazorac. This treatment work wonderfully for my type of acne, however I was left with moderate to severe scars on my face. I have always wanted to get these scars removed but it wasn't until now that I finally decided to take initiative. The first dermatologist I consulted recommend a combination of things. She said that I would only be able to see a difference in my skin if I combined different procedures. She recommended subcision followed by 5 sessions of Fraxel Restore Laser. I have read a lot on skin resurfacing and acne scar treatments so I expected something along those lines. I still wanted a second opinion, so the second dermatologist recommended Sciton Halo laser along with microneedling. Even with my previous research on skin resurfacing I had never heard of Halo for acne scars so this makes me a bit skeptical. Would would be the best treatment for my scars and my skin type?

20171012_162624.jpg

20171012_162526.jpg

MemberMember
(@beautifulambition)

Posted : 10/13/2017 6:15 am

Icepicks best treatment is multiple rounds of TCA Cross. Subcision is good. I like the Infini RF microneedle for box cars (several treatments). Laser can have side effects, I recommend instead TCA sedated peels over the area, or many medium tca peels once you do the other treatments, ... this is for texture. Continue your tazorac for cell turnover.