Notifications
Clear all

What should I do for my acne scars ?

MemberMember
(@scaryspice)

Posted : 10/09/2017 9:48 pm

I'm started dermapen treatments for my acne scars but not sure if I should look into subcision or tca cross. Hope to hear some feedback (:

IMG_6852.PNG

IMG_6857.JPG

IMG_6859.JPG

MemberMember
(@beautifulambition)

Posted : 10/10/2017 5:53 am

Not sure if your scars are all on the same plane (depth) if they are a resurfacing treatment might work well for you like a sedated TCA peel to get under them or co2/profactional resurfacing.

Regarding subcision before you do this the pits will do best if they are a pencil eraser in depth. I don't know that it is necessary here based off the picture (they are not very deep).

TCA cross might work for you if the scars have defined borders to place the acid, there are some scars you have that this would work. In your case infini rf treatment which is rf microneedle or fractional laser might work (you'll need a few) as the scars are superficial.

To get rid of the brown / hyperpigmentation you would use v-beam, excel v, ipl. or 1064nm (blend the color with the existing skin), for your skin type before a peel or laser you would use hydroquinone or a whitening cream and retin a to (before and after treatment to avoid PIH).

Discuss these with your doctor or med spa.

MemberMember
(@scaryspice)

Posted : 10/10/2017 1:26 pm

Ok thank you! I'll just continue with the dermapen for 5 more treatments and then look into the tca cross if I'm not completely happy yet. (: