Notifications
Clear all

What type of scars/ how to fix *NEED OF HELP*

MemberMember
(@jumbofolder)

Posted : 10/04/2017 3:31 am

I got these middle chest scars that im really insecure about and would like to know a cure and what type they are. I've been having them for a few months now. They are sunk in scars. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

IMG_5573.JPG

MemberMember
(@sam)

Posted : 10/04/2017 5:48 am

I would try excision,cutting out the bad scar to leave a neater scar.

MemberMember
(@beautifulambition)

Posted : 10/04/2017 11:51 am

This scarring is more typical of a burn scar, did you have Acne Conglobata or Acne Fulminans ?I can see excision leaving one big ugly scar, potentially the doctor if good could do a flap reconstruction and you could get a tattoo to hide the smaller scar. With the way this healed I have fears of Keloids.

MemberMember
(@jacob-a)

Posted : 10/04/2017 11:51 am

Not sure excision in an option for an area that large. Also as they are some serious scars that you would get from acne coblongata or fulminans.The pink and white texture you see means these aren't typical scars you would see with acne as rather a hole in the skin or pitting, you have a complete loss of skin like a burn. I have a few of these on my face. There seems to be a mixture of hypertrophic scarring due to where when you have a large loss of skin and an open wound the skin tends to form a star shaped scar like which you see on burns victims a lot.

To recommend a treatment you need to give more information as if you just set to work peeling and needling you might make it worse. Eg do you still get these lesions? have you seen a dermatologist? have you taken any accutane (isotretinoin) or steroids for it like prednisonerecently?

MemberMember
(@obi-wan)

Posted : 10/07/2017 3:43 pm

V hard. More info needed. Did you have inflammation before, ie. acne lesions , were these treated with steroid before? These are atrophic scars, and are the result of inflammation, either acne, lupus profundus, or inflammatory conditions involving the fat- dermal layers. They can also be iatrogenic- caused by steroid injections. Further close ups needed. Can you probe the scars, ie. can a probe be passed under any of the scars with an exit. If so, you have ' bridging scars'. Epidermis and dermis on top of skin. Do you have a tenancy to keloid? Do they feel hard ? Need more info. Best see a plastics of dermatologist. If hard- steroid injections or drip CO2 to soften up the hard ones, excision for bridging scars, and fat transfer for other atrophic scars. If excision done and you keloid early, either ILCS injection or let the plastics- derm work in with XRT (radiation oncologist). Not easy to call on these photos, as you need to touch and more info. needed.

MemberMember
(@simplemutton)

Posted : 10/07/2017 5:30 pm

Nothing work on these, I have some similar in my back

Wait for SkinTE to be released next year (if you're in the US) and that should regenerate your skin fully leaving zero sign that a scar was there to begin with.