Notifications
Clear all

Skin gone crazy all of the sudden?

MemberMember
(@sadface18)

Posted : 09/25/2017 2:26 pm

So I'm getting kind of desperate, because I do not know what's going on with my skin. It's never been absolutely perfect and flawless, but it hasn't been this bad since when I first started getting it as a teenager. Over the summer I've been eating a lot healthier trying to clear it completely and it kept getting better (it wasn'te ver cystic or anything like that) Then all of the sudden I broke out in some places where I usually don't breakout and then it kept getting worse. I have marks on my chin, cheeks, temples and forehead at this point. Sure I've slipped up with eating, but I used to have better skin eating worse than I do now, not to mention that I still eat pretty healthily. I am changing my pillow cases, I use only natural products (oil cleansing method, that I have used for over two months now so I can't see why that would all of the sudden break me out) I have some more stress, but nothing crazy. NOthing too bad that I haven't had before. At first I thought it was my period and ovulation, but now I'm not so sure anymore. Can it stil lbe a hormonal thing even if my period is regular ?

What i'm doing for it at the moment is eating a very clean diet. I also use turmeric masks and tea tree oil as a spot treatment. I don't know what else to do! I'm going to go ont hep ill soon, probably for it. But will that even help? Is it hormonal? I just don't know what else it could be.. If you have any ideas or tips on how to heal this current breakout as fast as possible, please share them with me! I don't mean the ''clean your face and get enough sleep tips, I mean the unknown little gems, the things that I probably don't know that have done wonders for you. Pretty willing to try anything at this time. But I need something that works rather fast..

MemberMember
(@tano1)

Posted : 09/25/2017 6:42 pm

4 hours ago, sadface18 said:

So I'm getting kind of desperate, because I do not know what's going on with my skin. It's never been absolutely perfect and flawless, but it hasn't been this bad since when I first started getting it as a teenager. Over the summer I've been eating a lot healthier trying to clear it completely and it kept getting better (it wasn'te ver cystic or anything like that) Then all of the sudden I broke out in some places where I usually don't breakout and then it kept getting worse. I have marks on my chin, cheeks, temples and forehead at this point. Sure I've slipped up with eating, but I used to have better skin eating worse than I do now, not to mention that I still eat pretty healthily. I am changing my pillow cases, I use only natural products (oil cleansing method, that I have used for over two months now so I can't see why that would all of the sudden break me out) I have some more stress, but nothing crazy. NOthing too bad that I haven't had before. At first I thought it was my period and ovulation, but now I'm not so sure anymore. Can it stil lbe a hormonal thing even if my period is regular ?

What i'm doing for it at the moment is eating a very clean diet. I also use turmeric masks and tea tree oil as a spot treatment. I don't know what else to do! I'm going to go ont hep ill soon, probably for it. But will that even help? Is it hormonal? I just don't know what else it could be.. If you have any ideas or tips on how to heal this current breakout as fast as possible, please share them with me! I don't mean the ''clean your face and get enough sleep tips, I mean the unknown little gems, the things that I probably don't know that have done wonders for you. Pretty willing to try anything at this time. But I need something that works rather fast..

I don't know of anything that works rather fast, but I can offer you some advice.

Diet takes awhile so just maintain a healthy diet.

If you take pills for everything or medications and multiple skin lotions/ treatments etc... then I would cut a lot of those things out since it can cause your integumentary system to be thrown out of whack as well as other parts of your body. Only take necessary medication. You don't need NyQuil to help you sleep for example.

Genetics can play a role as well, but most of this acne clears up on its own regardless of what you do once you've passed pubescent years with that's being around the age of 25.

Don't let yourself get exposed to so much sun and always wear sunscreen.

The masks help but a facial can give you incredible improvement doing once a week for a month. Make sure you go to a credible spa to get them done if you choose to go this route.

MemberMember
(@sadface18)

Posted : 09/26/2017 2:10 pm

19 hours ago, Tano1 said:
I don't know of anything that works rather fast, but I can offer you some advice.

If you take pills for everything or medications and multiple skin lotions/ treatments etc... then I would cut a lot of those things out since it can cause your integumentary system to be thrown out of whack as well as other parts of your body. Only take necessary medication. You don't need NyQuil to help you sleep for example.

Genetics can play a role as well, but most of this acne clears up on its own regardless of what you do once you've passed pubescent years with that's being around the age of 25.

The masks help but a facial can give you incredible improvement doing once a week for a month. Make sure you go to a credible spa to get them done if you choose to go this route.

I actually just realized i started taking a probiotic right around the time I started breaking out. It's been going on for a bout a month, which is how long I've been taking them.. At first I thought the breakout was caused by my period and ovulation, but maybe it is the probiotics? What do you think?

MemberMember
(@tano1)

Posted : 09/27/2017 10:24 am

20 hours ago, sadface18 said:
On 9/25/2017 at 6:42 PM, Tano1 said:

I actually just realized i started taking a probiotic right around the time I started breaking out. It's been going on for a bout a month, which is how long I've been taking them.. At first I thought the breakout was caused by my period and ovulation, but maybe it is the probiotics? What do you think?

It can very well be the cause or one of the causes. That's why I mentioned to be careful when taking "multiple" medications and treatments. I'm pretty sure that even if you wouldn't have taken the probiotic, then your face would clear up later anyway unless you picked at them.

If they're just your typical pimples then I'd set the probiotic down and simply maintain your face clean with just a cleanser and moisturizer. Or even just a face wash. Remember that this can take a little more time.

You still have other treatments available to you as well but that's where I would start. I do recommend when your worst pimples have settled down, to go and get a facial because it can really help if done under a trained eye.

This all has to do with consistency; just like you won't gain healthy gums and teeth from brushing just once.