Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
newmama2017

Mask of Pregnancy

I'm not sure where to post this question, but I'm a new Mom that is currently using the acne.org regimen with success.  My concern is that I have hyperpigmentation(dark spots) covering my face from the pregnancy and I'm not sure how to treat them.  Can I combine acne.org regimen with a skin brightening regimen?  What would Dan do?!

There's a substance called hydroquinone, which is used in cosmetic products to fade these marks. Make sure you avoid using these products with the Regimen since benzoyl peroxide + hydroquinone stains the skin temporarily (happened to me). The most important thing besides any type of dark spot fading substance is limiting sun exposure, so apply sunscreen daily and stay in the shade. The sun is horrible for these marks. I'd just incorporate a 10–12% alpha-hydroxy acid product into the Regimen to speed up the fading of them, but don't expect miracles. If it's an urgent problem, you can cover them with non-acnegenic makeup.