Notifications
Clear all

Small bumps getting worse!! Help!

MemberMember
(@rei92)

Posted : 09/12/2017 6:05 pm

I have always struggled with acne, but once I hit my 20s I started to notice small flesh colored bumps on my forehead, most recently It has spread to the rest of my face. They sometimes itch, and the substance that comes out when extracted looks like a black head but is white and "stringy" (they aren't blackheads) My dermatologist prescribed me Mometasone for when I get inflamed breakouts, which have since gone away; and doxycycline as an oral medication which was supposed to help with these small bumps. it has not worked at all!! if anything my bumps have gotten WAY worse and its completely out of control. I use cetaphil to wash my face 2x a day and an oil free moisturizer by Mario Badescu. I recently started using curology and have not noticed a major difference in my skin. I just don't know what to do anymore.... I'm so overwhelmed with my skin that I just get home and cry because I feel completely out of control.

I am to a point where I don't want to go out into direct light anymore, my skin has never been this bad and I don't know what to do about it anymore. I spend hours researching and cant seem to come up with anything solid, as well as spending $$$$ at the dermatologist to have them prescribe me oral and topical medications that don't work! my skin is causing me depression and embarrassment. It would be so helpful to find others struggling with this and possibly hear some success stories.. Please help!

image.jpg

image.jpg

MemberMember
(@username110)

Posted : 09/15/2017 9:13 am

there is a youtube clip titled "Treating Yeast-Based Acne by Joel Schlessinger MD" which may be helpful (?)

MemberMember
(@vonnegaga)

Posted : 09/20/2017 5:08 pm

Finally.

i grt to see exactly what i have. The only difference is i am black and mine is worst. Depression is an understatement. This few months have been my lowest but i know there is hope. I have been battling with it for almost 2years plus. My dermatologist prescribed me Differin and some IMAGE skincare wash and moisturizer. I honestly can't see improvement at six weeks. I think its a bit too early. But am positive it would work. It keeps refilling after i extract them. Sorry for the long note. Please let me know if u eva get help. 

IMG_3370.JPG

IMG_3372.JPG

MemberMember
(@dreamyrock)

Posted : 09/28/2017 6:26 pm

Hi! 
I've had similar bumps ever since I had to take antibiotics for a long period of time.
After what feels like 10000 doctor appointments I found out i have yeast overgrowth in my body, so they've suggested taking 2 probiotics a day and for my skin I've been using Nizoral 2% shampoo (spread the shampoo over your skin and wash out after 10 minutes) and afterwards I put on Argan oil. 
I can't say my skin is back to normal but it's in a much much better state, doesn't itch anymore and it feels so much softer.
Please let me know how you're doing. 
Good luck 

MemberMember
(@vonnegaga)

Posted : 09/30/2017 5:32 pm

On 9/29/2017 at 0:26 AM, DreamyRock said:

Hi! 
I've had similar bumps ever since I had to take antibiotics for a long period of time.
After what feels like 10000 doctor appointments I found out i have yeast overgrowth in my body, so they've suggested taking 2 probiotics a day and for my skin I've been using Nizoral 2% shampoo (spread the shampoo over your skin and wash out after 10 minutes) and afterwards I put on Argan oil. 
I can't say my skin is back to normal but it's in a much much better state, doesn't itch anymore and it feels so much softer.
Please let me know how you're doing. 
Good luck 

I was using Nizoral 2% and it did not seem to do much for me

(@Anonymous)

Posted : 09/30/2017 7:22 pm

I would have personaly suggest that you dont mess with it,no fingers.

i would get a refferal and have it actualy tested to pinpoint what it actualy is,this way they aint guessing and messing.some things require specific medicines and therapys.

i am sufferening from folliculitis of msinly my scalp and so far have had 3 courses of anti biotics,the condition has improve overall but its not gone.it looks like its a bit of a long struggle,oral anti biotics and topical for when you got to give the anti biotics a test before resuming the next course.

some things have to be killed by ked light therapy,dont kniw its specific name,you cant give in but keep at it and you should get there.
:)

MemberMember
(@deathtoallacne)

Posted : 10/01/2017 8:47 am

I suffered with these kind of bumps but mine were less severe. I completely got rid of them while on the antibiotic Trimethoprim.
Also, after extracting and squeezing out the bumps, I would use a hot compress on them and it really helped to eliminate the chance of them turning into pimples or refilling.
I also used Differin

Vonnegaga liked
MemberMember
(@nicole_ca)

Posted : 10/25/2017 11:45 pm

I feel your pain. I have the same bumps on face, jaw, and neck and they just keep spreading! A derm biopsied and it came back malassezia aka pityrosporum folliculitis. It's fungal folliculitis and super stubborn. I've tried topicals for 8 months...nizoral, selsun, head and shoulders, sulfur.....it dries out skin but bumps remain. When I am able to extract one I don't get white stringy stuff though. I get a solid white or yellowish core that looks like a tiny seed. Even when I get one out the bump remains and never heals. I'm on oral itraconazole now with slight improvement. I had to beg the Dr. for it....she wanted to put me on 6 weeks doxycycline! That only makes fungal stuff explode even worse :(  Ask for a biopsy and if it's fungal you may need both a topical and oral antifungal. I know how much this ruins quality of life and avoid going out much because I hate my skin. Keep us posted and hopefully we all clear up soon!

MemberMember
(@vonnegaga)

Posted : 10/27/2017 1:32 am

Hello guys, so I went for a salicylic acid chemical peel (20%) in my dermatologist office. Basically I did not peel and today marks the 5day. No peel and not much improvement( And I spent a load of money for it).
1. Is it normal not to peel
2. Would I still get results even if I don't peel
3. Can i get an at home chemical peel.
please i need answers and I don't mind u taking a little of ur time to enlighten me. Thank u

MemberMember
(@nicole_ca)

Posted : 10/27/2017 11:12 am

Hi Vonnegaga, I don't know much about SA peels but I spoke to a skin center this week who suggested mandelic acid peels. Apparently it's both antifungal and antibacterial so may show improvement regardless. I'm considering it myself but yes very expensive....a full consult and treatment us $275! I'm afraid to try one at home though because I've never done one znd my skin is super reactive right now! Do your bumps itch or get more inflamed when hot?

MemberMember
(@vonnegaga)

Posted : 10/28/2017 1:29 am

6 hours ago, Nicole_CA said:

Hi Vonnegaga, I don't know much about SA peels but I spoke to a skin center this week who suggested mandelic acid peels. Apparently it's both antifungal and antibacterial so may show improvement regardless. I'm considering it myself but yes very expensive....a full consult and treatment us $275! I'm afraid to try one at home though because I've never done one znd my skin is super reactive right now! Do your bumps itch or get more inflamed when hot?

No they don't itch and they don't get inflamed. They are like skin rised bumps. They don't trouble me unless i try and extract they wrongly then they can turn to big pimples. Am thinking of doing one at home since I did my first in the dermatologist office.

MemberMember
(@sirius-lee)

Posted : 10/28/2017 4:29 pm

@Rei92Hey girl, you need the power of HONEY!

Apply honey twice a day for 30-45 minutes to face. After that, don't use or apply anything else but WATER to wash your face. I repeat, only WATER. No soap, no toner, no moisturizer. For moisturizing, I suggest you use Jojoba oil, which is very light. You shouldn't have any negative interaction.

It would also be beneficial to drink warm water mixed with honey.

MemberMember
(@lb4857a)

Posted : 07/06/2020 10:28 pm

I have the EXACT SAME. It is called pityrosporum folliculitis, an overgrowth of yeast on the face. We all have yeast on our skin but it is when it gets out of control that it turns to these types of bumps. It is not acne, despite it looking like acne. The fungus feeds off of skin sebum and certain oils one puts on their face (depending on the fatty acid chain that makes up the oil). Traditional acne medication does not work on fungus, again, because fungus is not acne. You can ask for a test to be done where the doctor takes a tiny sample from one of the bumps and sends it to a lab to identify exactly what it is. Then a prescription can be identified that will actually work.