Notifications
Clear all

Are these scars or hyperpigmentation?

MemberMember
(@kipjecorn)

Posted : 09/12/2017 10:16 am

hey, i am new here and this is my first post. I suddenly got bad acne in february, i begged my derm for accutane and finnaly got it. I have no acne now, but i am left with hyperpigmentation or scars. I am not sure, because when i wear foundation you can see dents, this makes me very upset and depressed. My derm said that it's just hyperpigmentation and that the red colour gives it an indented look, i really want to believe her, but when i do my make up, all i do is cringe about my "scars". Do you guys know what it is and most important what i can do about it. I really hope to fade them. But i have no idea what to do now with my skincare routine post accutane.
this is how it looks http://imgur.com/a/TyeMh

MemberMember
(@beautifulambition)

Posted : 09/12/2017 11:01 am

Yes this is PIE or post acne wounding. It takes a long time to heal naturally. Some have success with Honey and Aloe Vera, and EMU oil. Others do light peels like Glycolic, or Salicylic Acid. Lasers are highly effective but expensive, ... V-Beam, or Excel V, or IPL, or 1064nm.

To learn more about PIE goto the very first post i n the hyperpigmentationsub and click faq.

kipjecorn liked
MemberMember
(@kipjecorn)

Posted : 09/12/2017 2:30 pm

Do you think the slight indents will fill in when teh mark fades?