Notifications
Clear all

Severe acne, please help

MemberMember
(@nick-2001)

Posted : 09/04/2017 11:00 pm

Hello everyone, my names Nick and I have severe acne. It's honestly embarrassing, almost none of the other kids at my school has it and I hate it. I've had acne since I was around 12, and ever since then it just won't go away. Now I'm 16 ,I've tried everything from benzoyl peroxide to just regular warm water regimens.

The areas affected by acne are only on my face (thank god).
Currently I am using neutrogena stubborn acne treatment, once when I get ready for bed and then again when I wake up. It just seems like it isn't doing anything besides causing new pimples to appear on my jaw, and occasionally one or two on my nose bridge or my forehead. I'm losing hope, and patience.

The only product that seems seems to have worked was Rodan and Fields. But I cannot afford it anymore so I had to stop using it.

If anybody has any suggestions or advice please share it.

MemberMember
(@sadamy)

Posted : 09/05/2017 1:49 am

Acutane!

MemberMember
(@username110)

Posted : 09/05/2017 4:54 am

some basic stuff -

only wash your face 1 to 2 times a day max.

avoid any products/soaps containingsodium lauryl sulfate ( SLS for short)

drink more water.

stop drinking fizzy drinks and limit sugar intake.

benzoyl peroxide causes irritation / redness. only ever use the weaker 2.5% or 5% & only only use it on active spots.

- research hormonal acne & post acne marks.

might not work for you as you probably have hormonal acne but i would recommend the caveman regimen.

MemberMember
(@onlinebuydrugs)

Posted : 09/07/2017 2:07 pm

You need just to focus on a healthy diet plan. Try to drink more water.

MemberMember
(@zaca2313)

Posted : 09/07/2017 2:27 pm

Have you tried Mario Badescu products? Their spot treatment is pretty well known - it's in a pink bottle and you just dip a Q-tip in (dont shake) and apply to affected areas (before bed since it does try light pink - not clear). Their buffering lotion is also very good - very drying, but it works. I do not have much acne all over, it's usually just 2-3 cysts or pimples that come in phases - always on the lower half of my face (hormonal). So it's super annoying since my forehead is clear and I don't get acne on my body. Just my jaw/cheeks.

Ive tried everything as well - tea tree oil, apple cider vinegar, drugstore spot treatment, high end cleansers and toners, etc. So I know what you're going through. I drink a lot of water as I exercise frequently 3-4 times a week and do not have a car (I live in NYC) so I do a lot of walking. However people do not realize sometimes its not enough.

Good luck! I would suggest these spot treatments from Mario Badescu. A little pricy, but cheaper compared to a lot of other high end brands and treatments.

Drying Lotion**:[Link removed]
Buffering Lotion:[Link removed]

MemberMember
(@jayala7)

Posted : 09/07/2017 4:19 pm

Hey man, this is what you do.

if you want skin that you can proudly and confidently show off in public places (especially at night at Walmart with bright lights) then make sure you read this carefully.

first go to your local grocery store and buy some plain yogurt. Get the small cups first.

before going to sleep rub your face with it. Doesn't matter how much just do it. Do it for 2min at first.

wash offwith water. What you just did was kill 99.9% of the bacteria from the day and if your a girl (or a clown) make up too.

optional: you can also leave the yogurt on your face overnight -just a thin layer though, and you'll notice in the morning when you wash it off your skins going to be really soft your going to be amazed.

Also my "every night" routine for when I feel a deep PIMPLE forming deep under my skin, I'll heat up some water on the stove till it's HOT. Then I get a sock or a cotton ball (depending on the size of the pimple invasion) and soak it in the HOT water (be careful).

OK here's the Dangerous part.

Be careful not to burn your skin!!!! You'll make it worse. Trust me I've been there I did it myself I had a big pimple underneath my skin coming up under my cheek so I decided to use this technique which I had been doing for a long time but this time I got a little cocky ...I thought I was above the game ...I thought I was special so I'll put the super hot cotton ball on that pimple till it burned and guess what? I got burned.
it was terrible I made it worse I had to go to work that way so please do not do that yourself you've been warned