Notifications
Clear all

Burned my face with apple cider vinegar?

MemberMember
(@bigy291)

Posted : 09/04/2017 8:10 pm

Recently I use apple cider vinegar to remove a flat mole on my face. How I did it was I put undiluted (Did not mix it with water) to my face, and dabbed it in a small piece of a cotton ball and stuck it to my face with a band-aid.

20170904_204038.jpg

As you can see from this picture-for some reason, I missed horribly ((It's the darkest mark there, but the small mole by the nose) Instead, I scarred a normal place on my face. Here's how to healing process went:

Day 1
I got up the next morning to find a red itchy mark on my face. It burned for a bit. I applied coco butter (Palmer's) and went on with my day.

Day 2
The redness went down and it's more brown if anything. It hardened and scabbed up and it was still a bit itchy. 

Day 3
It formed into a complete scab and it was just a matter of it healing up from there. Of course it was still a bit itchy so I picked at it for a bit. The back end ended up rising off a bit, so I decided lemme just pull the damn thing off. This could have been a mistake.

Day 4
Now it's a pink wound that just's chilling there. I would rinse it while I showered and put coco butter on it.

Day 5
The wound healed up better and it formed white skin. From there it was just a matter of melanin coming back.

Day 6-8
The whiteness whiteness is closing up, and the burn mark is no longer there, but now it formed a solid-shaped darkened mark.

Ever since then I used coco butter to heal it up and now it's somewhat faded, and the edges aren't as solid. There's still a dark brown mark on my face and it's somewhat noticeable. The wound healed 100%, but is there any way I can remove/lighten than dark mark on my face? I'm 16, just thought that should be added.
I looked into some things that could lighten your skin, like Vitamin C serum, and some other products. Is there anything I can do, or did it just not heal 100%? How long do you think it would take for it to return to it's normal skin color, or is it just stuck like that forever?

MemberMember
(@tj7777)

Posted : 09/05/2017 11:11 pm

On 9/5/2017 at 6:40 AM, BigY291 said:

Recently I use apple cider vinegar to remove a flat mole on my face. How I did it was I put undiluted (Did not mix it with water) to my face, and dabbed it in a small piece of a cotton ball and stuck it to my face with a band-aid.

20170904_204038.jpg

As you can see from this picture-for some reason, I missed horribly ((It's the darkest mark there, but the small mole by the nose) Instead, I scarred a normal place on my face. Here's how to healing process went:

Day 1
I got up the next morning to find a red itchy mark on my face. It burned for a bit. I applied coco butter (Palmer's) and went on with my day.

Day 2
The redness went down and it's more brown if anything. It hardened and scabbed up and it was still a bit itchy. 

Day 3
It formed into a complete scab and it was just a matter of it healing up from there. Of course it was still a bit itchy so I picked at it for a bit. The back end ended up rising off a bit, so I decided lemme just pull the damn thing off. This could have been a mistake.

Day 4
Now it's a pink wound that just's chilling there. I would rinse it while I showered and put coco butter on it.

Day 5
The wound healed up better and it formed white skin. From there it was just a matter of melanin coming back.

Day 6-8
The whiteness whiteness is closing up, and the burn mark is no longer there, but now it formed a solid-shaped darkened mark.

Ever since then I used coco butter to heal it up and now it's somewhat faded, and the edges aren't as solid. There's still a dark brown mark on my face and it's somewhat noticeable. The wound healed 100%, but is there any way I can remove/lighten than dark mark on my face? I'm 16, just thought that should be added.
I looked into some things that could lighten your skin, like Vitamin C serum, and some other products. Is there anything I can do, or did it just not heal 100%? How long do you think it would take for it to return to it's normal skin color, or is it just stuck like that forever?

Hi, how is the brown mark now?
how much acv did you use and for how long?

I'm too struggling from the same thing and it's been a month now. 

MemberMember
(@honeyginseng)

Posted : 09/11/2017 12:40 am

You have to dilute ACV when you put it on your face! Otherwise it could cause more harm than good. It's super powerful by itself so I like to dilute it with some filtered water.

It's hard to say how long it could take before your skin heals and the dark spots fade away. The key is to be consistent with your skincare and protecting your skin. You'll begin to see differences after a couple weeks.

Products like Vitamin C serums and Niacinamide serums are super good for treating hyperpigmentation. Also make sure if you're out in the sun a lot to apply sunscreen. This will prevent your skin from producing more melanin on your acne spots/ "wounds" on your face. Even if you're indoors you should apply sunscreen.

Anyways, here's a post that you might find helpful : How to lighten dark spots and acne scars [Edited link out]