Extremely red and d...

Notifications
Clear all

Extremely red and dry skin on chest

MemberMember
(@redaf)

Posted : 08/21/2017 10:14 am

What's up guys.

I've been on the regimen for 2 weeks now, both facial and body and I started with mild/moderate acne for the most part. After a while my face started to develop intense flaking, so I looked like The Thing from Fantastic Four. I fixed that by using AHA mixed with the moisturizer regularly. Then it got to my chest, initially right above the collarbone, where my skin got so tight I felt like it would rip if I stretched my chest. At this point my skin doesn't feel tight anymore, but not long after application of the AHA that is applied on the body regimen my skin feels dry, and it has spread to  my entire upper chest, and it's also ridiculously red.
I have speculated that the initial blow was dealt due to a sunburn caused by the increased effect of AHA, but it has spread so much now, and looks so weird. The picture I have attached also shows some weird lines that look sort of like the scars after a severe burn. They can also be felt on the skin, although that may just be because of the thinner layer of skin after the skin peels, both chemically and after flaking. (Everything is more red irl)

Side notes: So far it's cleared up my acne, so that's great, I'm only a bit afraid that I'm gonna have to rely on the regimen forever from now on.

Bottom line is: Does anybody know if this red- and dryness is normal and subsides, or should I change something? Thanks in advance.
red.jpg

Member Customer Service
(@acne-org-support)

Posted : 08/24/2017 2:29 pm

Hi Redaf,

I'm sorry about the dryness on your skin. You may apply the Acne.org Moisturizer on your chest twice a day to help soothe and calm the redness on your skin.

Some people naturally outgrow acne. You may stop using the Acne.org Regimen products every few months and see if you will no longer have any breakouts.The Regimen Products are designed for daily use. With continued daily use you will see consistently clear healthy looking skin. You can use the products as long as you need to maintain completely clear skin.