Notifications
Clear all

The diet & lifestyle to cure acne!

MemberMember
(@foodismedicine)

Posted : 08/19/2017 8:35 pm

Acne is a sign of an imbalance in your body (hormones and/or bacteria). Take this sign of acne as a positive message to rebalance your body & become a healthier and happier person. Don't get frustrated, don't get angry, be thankful for your body letting you know something is off track.
of course skin care is important but so is what you put in your body.

AVOID:
dairy, gluten, sugar, grains, alcohol, coffee, vegetable oils, and any processed junk that comes in a package, high glycemic foods.

It WILL BE hard, it will take TIME. I know it's frustrating seeing people eat pizza and ice cream all day and they have clear skin, but unfortunately some people (like me) or anyone with acne has genes that react different to foods. It's human nature, we are all built differently.
Fall in love with VEGTABLES, FATS & ORGANIC LEAN MEATS & NUTS. Train yourself to WANT as much nutrients as possible so you can be the best you can be. Also drink/eat probiotics balance your microbiome. KOMBUCHA & SAUREKRAUT ARE EXCELLENT SOURCES OF PROBIOTICS TO KILL OFF BAD BACTERIA IN YOUR GUT. Drink green tea & lemon water more often
eat more; carrots, pumpkin seeds, spinach, SALMON, chia seeds &
organic lean meats, oranges, blueberries

This lifestyle will shows results in days.
Stay consistent & relaxxxxxx!

**Also try eat every 2-3 hours to help digestion process**

Small tips:
-Use coconut oil for cooking instead

-Run and walk everyday to release toxins, stress & help your lymphatic system

- drink apple cider vinegar

-Coconut sugar & Stevia are the best low glycemic sugar substitutes for acne

-smile more & take acne as a blessing to get better health & not as a bad thing.

-almonds & cashews=the best snacks

-vegan dark chocalate w/ coconut sugar is low glycemic & delicious

-running outside gives your skin a glow

-research, research, research!!!

Btw: im 15, and I cook my own breakfeast, lunch and dinner everyday. I don't eat what my family eats (the SAD diet) *Standard American Diet*. They support me thankfully & it is not expensive to eat healthy. My family eats pizza & ice cream while I eat fish & veggies at the dinner table. It doesn't bother me because I learned to LOVE healthy food. There is no excuses, it's either you want to get better or you don't. I want clear skin so I gotta do whatever it takes and so can you!

Lastly, the Law of Attraction is real. What you think, is what you get and who you are. Think clear skin thoughts, think healthy thoughts & thoughts will manifest!

MemberMember
(@zelos)

Posted : 08/20/2017 12:04 am

So, how much experience do you have in this? You say you're 15. Well, I'm 26 and I've not only eliminated what you said, but even more. I didn't eat nuts, only drank water. And it didn't change a single thing.
A lot of what you're saying sounds really like bro-science. Of course there's truth to your post, but please refrain from putting those semi-scientific explanations in there that you heard on some health blog.

LanaOdel and Exning liked
MemberMember
(@foodismedicine)

Posted : 08/20/2017 9:29 am

Well those "broscience health blogs" I've been following and in 6 months my cystic acne was 98% gone & I lost weight. I am just trying to help & spread knowledge on what worked for me & what works for other people. Following these tips gave me better health overall as well. we are all made differently & im sorry nothing worked for you. I still get breakouts but nothing like 5-6 months ago.

MemberMember
(@anaverdugonc)

Posted : 09/10/2017 11:45 pm

On 20/08/2017 at 1:04 PM, Zelos said:

So, how much experience do you have in this? You say you're 15. Well, I'm 26 and I've not only eliminated what you said, but even more. I didn't eat nuts, only drank water. And it didn't change a single thing.
A lot of what you're saying sounds really like bro-science. Of course there's truth to your post, but please refrain from putting those semi-scientific explanations in there that you heard on some health blog.

Hello I am sorry that the elimination diet has not been successful for you, but, together with eliminating did you try adding the right things to eat for your skin? I mean, you can ditch dairy and nuts but still keep eating chips (in the worst case) or exceeding animal protein with no veggies and natural supplements included which is what really makes the difference, more than eliminating and it is an even easier step, then the healthy food will naturally substitute most of your old habits. I have changed drastically my eating habits in the last 5 years and it has been amazing the path of understanding your body and nourishing it. From 16 to 28 years old I visited more than 5 dermatologist and there was not a single one that asked me even basic questions about my eating/digestion habits, I was not going to wc maybe in 5 days (sorry for the much information!) and there was not one doctor that was concerned asking me about it, of course I had horrible breakouts, super bad foods, coca cola every day, sugar sugar and not a single living food in my plate, I was super blind into what food-acne relationship concerns, just think about it and yeah, research, and any question about my experience feel free ;)

MemberMember
(@celestialelf)

Posted : 09/11/2017 4:26 pm

Humans have been eating grains for .. well, since paleolithic times. They've found grains in the teeth of neandertal skulls. So I don't think grains (especially "older" grains like barley, teff, oats, quinoa, chia, amaranth, and buckwheat, wild rice, ect)are a problem for most people. I mean, we don't exactly have photographs, but based on what we know, acne is a pretty modern problem. If grains caused problems historically, people would have been avoiding them and there would be legends and tales about how they damage complexions. (I know enough of mythology and history to know that bread eating societies didn't talk much about acne.)

I think people should start out by avoiding things that are the more typical cause of problems, like processed sugar.

LanaOdel liked
MemberMember
(@id_rather_be_gaming)

Posted : 09/14/2017 5:06 am

Wow, 15 and already starting with the right approach. It took me years to accept that diet was the problem and not something else, partly because I work and was trained in the medical industry. And no, nobody in the medical industry acknowledges diet and a holistic approach. These are foreign concepts in this industry.

I wish I had started off where you are when I was 15. I'm not 28 and just starting to admit it's been the diet all along. Netflix documentaries really opened my eyes there.

you are a champ bro. Keep up the positivity.

MemberMember
(@s33kings0lution)

Posted : 09/14/2017 12:11 pm

@Id_Rather_Be_GamingI too, was in denial that food is a huge factor for my acne. At first I didn't believe that bread and pasta are contributing to my skin problem so I kept eating them and everytime I do, my skin would flare up...everytime!

What documentaries have you watched on Netflix?

MemberMember
(@skyesthelimit)

Posted : 09/28/2017 12:25 am

Thanks for sharing! :)