Notifications
Clear all

Red marks (scarring) and hyperpigmentation

MemberMember
(@steph19)

Posted : 08/16/2017 12:57 pm

Please help! What can I do to get rid of this.. If you have had this problem please talk to me and let me know what worked or what is working or what you may have heard that helps this kinda of red scarring 

image.png

image.png

MemberMember
(@nursing_student)

Posted : 08/17/2017 6:39 am

Hi Steph19

I have the same exact issue! As a kid growing up I always battled with acne and blemishes . It so frustrating and Ive tried everything you could think of! but nothing worked , . Are you currently using anything for your face? I so tired of feeling insecure. we will get through this

Steph19 liked
MemberMember
(@steph19)

Posted : 08/17/2017 4:47 pm

I am right know useing Lerosett for my skin, I heard it helped hormonal ance so I wanted to give it a shot I'm on day 5 and not really any difference, it great having someone to talk to about this .. It's so hard for me to show pictures of it , it makes me so emotional and I cry about it almost every night .. I go in school and I try to hide it with my long hair and it just hurts my social life

MemberMember
(@forwardwego)

Posted : 08/20/2017 2:51 am

What kind of acne do u usually get? Whiteheads, cysts without heads, etc.? They say that hormonal acne appears on the lower half of the face, so maybe it isn't hormonal.Maybe It's becuz of stress. I used to get acne on my cheeks , but that lessened when I began birth control. But what REALLY helped my cheek pimples and hyperpigmentation was AHA 10%. It's been months since I've had acne there n my redness has greatly decreased. However, occasionally I'll get a weird itchy red bump on the front of my face on the left and right. They go away within 3 days n don't leave anything behind, so idk what's really causing them, but i assume it's a mild case of rosacea. If that's more like what ur going through then it could possibly be rosacea as well

MemberMember
(@utmostatm)

Posted : 08/20/2017 11:11 am

My case is quite similar to yours. I'm still searching for something to help me with these marks!

I can feel your frustration! It's hard to deal with acne when everyone else around has clear skin :(

MemberMember
(@aspuglle)

Posted : 08/20/2017 9:58 pm

I feel you completely, honest to god I feel like my face is a goddamn lasagna at times. My skin is very much like yours at the moment, every time it seems like the redness is disappearing another red one pops up and it gets so frustrating. However, what helps me get rid of them goes like this. Keep in mind there's literally barely any way for it to go away faster unless you go through laser (still takes time though)

Ingredients I always use to tame these lil asses is witch hazel and rosehip oil including jojoba oil, also using a matcha toner helped me out with taking away the redness. It's hard to notice at first but try doing spot testing with this method, my skin works with it so far but I'm reacting with it well I'm not sure about your skin type but maybe it's worth a try. When trying to get rid of the redness I also tend to stay away from any form of unnatural sugar, so I stick with a ton of fruits and a strict diet with greens to keep my skin from getting inflamed. Hopefully this works for you or anyone else dealing with the same problem.

MemberMember
(@steph19)

Posted : 09/20/2017 7:06 am

On August 17, 2017 at 7:39 AM, nursing_student said:

Hi Steph19

I have the same exact issue! As a kid growing up I always battled with acne and blemishes . It so frustrating and Ive tried everything you could think of! but nothing worked , . Are you currently using anything for your face? I so tired of feeling insecure. we will get through this

Hey I'm so sorry for the late rply! I just posted a new pic of my left cheek... I'm on doxycline and tetrinol 0.5 cream and I also use careve wash.. I'm just so angry that my skin is so inflammed it's worse in lighting