Notifications
Clear all

How was this result possible and is it long term?

MemberMember
(@coconutrough)

Posted : 08/03/2017 3:32 pm

On realself there is this patient of Dr Rahimi- https://www.realself.com/acne-scars-treatment/before-and-after-photos#media-photo-1198050-98897-1
I have rarely seen scars in similiar depth and texture that respond that well to subcision+ laser or any kind of scar treatment at all.
Lighting conditions are exactly the same.
Has this guy just superior wound healing abilities to the common acne scar sufferer? Is it micro-swelling? 

Sad to see what this doctor seems to have become. But this result is one reason I'm not gonna give it all up.

MemberMember
(@jacob-a)

Posted : 08/03/2017 4:19 pm

The guy had fat transfer too. No amount of subcision is going to make up for that volume loss. Fat transfer is a hell of a lot more money than subcision filler although it is permanent. This guy also healed very well.

MemberMember
(@dazzed)

Posted : 08/03/2017 8:04 pm

I would be a little cautious with this example because it is clearly immediately right after he was injected with fat, and very swollen. That would basically camouflage any scars. Plus, I've followed this particular doctor and frankly he is not very honest with his pictures. Once again, another doctor that shows befores in harsh lighting and afters with flash. His instagram is full of questionable "results".

Updated: This doctor has also been discussed in the past as someone who pushes many procedures on patients, with the seeming goal of driving up prices. I remember another member posted how he spent $1000s on this doctor when he pushed unproven and unnecessary procedures on him.

MemberMember
(@sezenci)

Posted : 08/04/2017 7:35 am

the best long term results i think dermapen plus prp and fat grafting....

MemberMember
(@coconutrough)

Posted : 08/05/2017 7:25 pm

Thanks alot.
saw it coming.. way too sci-fi to be true. or scam-fi.
Sometimes it's hard to accept that near 100% scar removal like that still is such a challenge.