Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

So, I was recently prescribed duac daily and antibiotics for my acne and I haven't had any problems with my tablets. I put on the duac cream about two nights ago and I found that my skin looked okay the morning after except for a small patch of skin that was slightly red (but I couldn't even notice it that well). I didn't really think too much of it. 

On my second day of the benzoyl peroxide treatment, the morning after, I had redness everywhere that I applied the duac cream and my face felt really dry and the texture of my skin didn't feel right. I called the person who prescribed the treatment to me and they said to discontinue use of the cream for two weeks but keep taking the tablets. I'm not sure what I can use on my skin to get rid of the dryness. I woke up this morning and it's pretty much the same as yesterday but my face feels a little bit swollen and puffy. I was wondering how long this burn may take to fade? And what should I do to get rid of it faster? Please help, I'm really worried!

Edited by mimlouz

You may be using too much of the benzoyl peroxide too quickly, and/or you may be allergic to it. It's a good idea to stop using it for a few weeks. 

In the meantime while your skin heals, I would suggest to use a gentle cleanser and moisturizer. You may want to take medicine like tylenol or motrin for the pain and puffiness on your face, and make sure to drink a lot of water.  Applying cool compresses gently to your face may help as well. As long as it didn't burn too badly, it should feel better in a few days. 

Thanks for the advice, I've been drinking much more water and I found that my face is still swollen but feels less harsh to the touch. Hopefully it will clear up Ina few days.