Notifications
Clear all

My face is worse then ever after being off accutane for 3 week. Pictures att.

MemberMember
(@skycruiser100)

Posted : 07/20/2017 1:38 am

I had to stop accutane after 4 months due to my depression and not being able to go outdoors for extended periods. Even with sunblock I would get sunburn. I do have fair skin, but now I think I haverosacea. I'm losing my mind and don't know if I should go back on accutane because my face is breaking out more then ever. I've been off accutane for 20 days now and this is what my face looks like. It hurts really bad physically and emotionally.

What should I do?

MemberMember
(@lifeswaitingtobegin)

Posted : 07/21/2017 7:47 pm

Try taking vitamin supplements instead,especially vitamin A and Zinc,also try drinking green tea...good luck

MemberMember
(@tangerinepart)

Posted : 07/22/2017 6:28 am

Have you tried antibiotics? They could help with the inflammation and help clear up your skin.

MemberMember
(@thomas-deven)

Posted : 07/23/2017 3:53 am

do you consume dairy and a lot of sugar as well and shit oily foods? if so stop.

MemberMember
(@skycruiser100)

Posted : 07/26/2017 12:09 am

On July 23, 2017 at 1:53 AM, Thomas Deven said:

do you consume dairy and a lot of sugar as well and shit oily foods? if so stop.

Sugar isn't an issue, but I was thinking dairy might be. At this point it seems to be stress and depression

On July 22, 2017 at 4:28 AM, TangerinePart said:

Have you tried antibiotics? They could help with the inflammation and help clear up your skin.

The pills give me stomach pains and don't work unfortunately. But I just started using sodium sulfacetidet with lotion

AhaGuru liked
MemberMember
(@thomas-deven)

Posted : 07/26/2017 12:17 am

100% remove all dairy from your diet, there are pletnty of dairy free alternatives that use almond milk. I used to be able to consume dairy without any problems but all of a sudden it would cause me to break out as well as eating gluten. As soon as I stopped eating those things the cysts and everything went away, however during stressful times I do still break out but that's very normal for most people

AhaGuru liked
MemberMember
(@skycruiser100)

Posted : 07/26/2017 12:42 am

22 minutes ago, Thomas Deven said:

100% remove all dairy from your diet, there are pletnty of dairy free alternatives that use almond milk. I used to be able to consume dairy without any problems but all of a sudden it would cause me to break out as well as eating gluten. As soon as I stopped eating those things the cysts and everything went away, however during stressful times I do still break out but that's very normal for most people

well.... I live in Portland Oregon, so I guess it shouldn't be hard. I just need to stop drinking beer and stick with liquid because accutane definitely turned me into an alcoholic.