Notifications
Clear all

How to stop using proactiv without breaking out

MemberMember
(@corinne020)

Posted : 07/17/2017 9:10 am

Hi. Ive been using proactiv for 4 months now and im not seeing results and i keep growing tiny flesh colored bumps all over my face and had some pretty bad breakouts because of it. Ive seen a lot of proactiv users who stopped using proactiv that went to horrible breakout. Im afraid that if i stop proactiv i may have another breakout. Ive lost my confidence for almost 2 years now because of acne. Can anyone share their thoughts on this or advice for me. Thank you

MemberMember
(@rachie39)

Posted : 07/18/2017 7:48 pm

Proactiv is not a good product and dermatologist dont recommend it as it doesnt work to treat acne and stop it from coming it. Its a band-aid so I think its great that you want to stop using it and I totally understand your fear. I would ask your doctor or see a dermatologist and ask for differin. Its ment to be the best thing for acne expecually if your an adult as it works by stopping the acne from forming under your skin so you dont get those breakouts like proactiv will give you. Down side is that it is very expensive, but I reckon the mental cost of acne is worse than the actual money cost of a prooduct. Im on it and have been for a few weeks and already noticing its working but im told it takes 8 weeks to fully work. Nobody should have to live with acne.