Notifications
Clear all

Acne scars

MemberMember
(@expansivebarb)

Posted : 07/08/2017 8:09 pm

Will these scars go away? I'm currently on 60mg of accutane daily. And if not what can I get done to get rid of them? [Edited image out]

MemberMember
(@beautifulambition)

Posted : 07/09/2017 2:25 am

Hi there, I would speak to your Dr about these active spots, your dossage might not be high enough or they may have you use a cream. I see your on Accutane. While treating on Accutane you should not treat for Acne Scaring. It can actually make your skin worse as you have no ability to heal (skin is thinned out, very dry). Some of the effects of Accutane need to baseline back to normal after your done. This is why Dermatologists say wait 6 months until your done with Accutane to do any skin treatments. Your skin is not very bad and some of it will improve after you heal from Accutane. I see textural surface pitting most likely Boxcar/Rolling. I suggest when you are done and heal up find somewhere to do some TCA Spot peels on your cheeks. I would also look into microneedling (most people manual dermastamp / derminator is a machine many use) in between your acid peel treatments when your not healing or treating. To learn more about peels goto the faq, very top post of the scar sub and scroll down to acid peels, ... great link there as well with tons of info on how to do it.

MemberMember
(@ahaguru)

Posted : 07/10/2017 2:36 pm

Apply nonfat buttermilk on face for 15 min do every 3 days,(very gentle bleach+helps heal skin)
try microneedling, i feel like it's very safe to do,
do only from medical office