Notifications
Clear all

I burned my face with apple cider vinegar!

MemberMember
(@leslie06)

Posted : 06/14/2017 8:16 am

I'm 15 and I do not break out very often but when I do I get very painful inflamed pimples under the skin. About three days ago I broke out and ended up getting a bunch of those hard stubborn bumps all over my face. I reasearched ways to treat the deep seeded pimples under my skin and ACV seemed to be the most recommended treatment. Nothing was said about diluting it so I poured a little on a cotton ball and held it on one of the bumps for about 5 minutes. When I took it off the skin almost looked a little discolored but later turned red and bumpy. From reading about other ACV burns, mine doesn't seem very severe but I am nonetheless struggling with a burn the size of a dime on my face. Anybody have suggestions on how to treat it. And will it eventually go back to being healed and normal skin?

MemberMember
(@emilyaryasmith)

Posted : 06/18/2017 12:46 pm

It will eventually heal. My recommendation from my personal experience is using a cooling cream or aloe vera (make sure to get actual aloe...not the dyed kind it is actually clear) to help with the redness of the burn and calm down your skin. Try this a few times a day for a few days and see how it looks.
Tip: If you put the aloe in the fridge it feels AMAZING on your skin.

Leslie06 liked
MemberMember
(@leslie06)

Posted : 06/18/2017 1:03 pm

17 minutes ago, emilyaryasmith said:

It will eventually heal. My recommendation from my personal experience is using a cooling cream or aloe vera (make sure to get actual aloe...not the dyed kind it is actually clear) to help with the redness of the burn and calm down your skin. Try this a few times a day for a few days and see how it looks.
Tip: If you put the aloe in the fridge it feels AMAZING on your skin.

Thank you so much! I've been using aloe on my skin for the past week and the redness and scabing has gone away. It seems almost completely healed now.