Notifications
Clear all

What can I do about my acne? Desperate...

MemberMember
(@duda96)

Posted : 06/10/2017 7:16 am

Hi there you guys, I'm in serious need of help. I don't know what to do about my acne problems anymore... I've been dealing with this for 7 years and am getting seriously depressed because nothing seems to be working. If you know something that could help me (anything!) please say so, I'll try it all!

INFO: I basically have acne all month long but it gets worse right before my period. I have blackheads all over my nose and cheeks and when i extract them, they come back the next day. I have small pimples all over my my face, specially on my forehead, temples and cheeks, which are "underneath the skin" and usually go away on their own.
Apart from that, it's not rare for me to get a few whiteheads around my face or hairline during the month. Sometimes I also get red pimples of big dimension that seem to be infected and hurt when I touch them.
Finally, I have lots of pih marks on my face as a result of these whiteheads and infected pimples. These marks form as soon as the acne appears and whether I pop them or not.

I think it's also important to mention that I rarely pop pimples and usually just apply ice or leave it be as soon as it starts acting up and that I was diagnosed with PCOS 3 years ago.

Please if anyone has dealt with this or something similar or knows anyone who has, please suggest me something that has helped. It would mean the world to me!

MemberMember
(@spicyotter)

Posted : 06/10/2017 4:38 pm

I also get hormonal pimples right around my period, and they are really really hard to deal with. I get them badly around my mouth, the only thing that has worked for me is retin a cream from my dermatologist. Nothing else has worked. If you have a dermatologist you should ask about that. You might want to calm down on extracting any pimples, for me it usually makes things worse and leaves a dark mark, but if you don't think its hurting then you don't have to stop, its just a suggestion. Hope you find something that works

MemberMember
(@ahaguru)

Posted : 06/11/2017 11:10 am

Drink herbal teas, to balance hormones and prevent acne
red raspberry leaf, nettle, milk thistle, honeybrush, burdock
drink 30 min before meal, avoid taking any drugs
do gelatin peel, apply on blackheads only, do mask with camphor
organic dairy And meat makes huge improvement