Notifications
Clear all

Acne coming back?

MemberMember
(@numberone)

Posted : 06/05/2017 6:12 pm

Hello. I've had acne for 5 years and I got prescription of isotretionoin around 9 months ago. I had dose of 40mg a day for 8 months but I called the doctor as I still had some acne at 8 month. We decided to take one more month with 40 mg daily dose. I have been around 2 weeks without having any zits or anything, but few days ago I started getting small spots again. I'm on the last week of 20mg and I'm wondering is it common for the acne to come slightly back after the medication or what? I'm getting a bit frustrated with all of this, I already thought I was finally free but now I'm afraid it is all coming back...
Really would appreciate other peoples opinion or experiences.

MemberMember
(@user606822)

Posted : 06/05/2017 6:19 pm

yeah i went on accutane and mine came back right after aswell as my oily skin......

MemberMember
(@mdi)

Posted : 06/05/2017 6:34 pm

I recommend changing your diet. I know it sucks and no one wants to hear that but try going on a vegan-like diet and if you want to stick to non-fatty meats and try low-fat lactose free milks. Even olive spreads instead of normal butter.

MemberMember
(@numberone)

Posted : 06/05/2017 6:50 pm

I have tried stopping to eat certain foods that I have thought to might have been the cause but so far I have not noticed any difference.
What I find weird is that even though my brother and sister had also acne, they got rid of it as it seems to be ever lasting curse for me.
Of course I could try different diet but I doubt it really helps, and I will be starting military service in next month which will last a year and in there you can't be too picky about your food. Not to mention how awkward it is going to be probably one of the only guys in the army with nasty acne. Oh well...

mDi liked
MemberMember
(@mdi)

Posted : 06/05/2017 7:40 pm

I understand how it feels, believe me. Don't be discouraged though. Have you tried a cream called Azclear (don't know if you have it where you are)? It's essentially 20% Azelaic acid, it's not as strong as Benzoyl Peroxide creams so it doesn't dry your skin out but it does the job. It works for my older sister and worked for me before I got insane uncontrollable acne. I still use it now since my skin has settled quite a bit and it does the job well. Another benefit of Azelaic acid is that it also helps reduce hyperpigmentation.

MemberMember
(@numberone)

Posted : 06/18/2017 8:09 pm

I just want to update you guys on this topic, I have now been week without the isotretionoin and I havent gotten any new spots after my latest message on this thread. My face is completely clear now, except for the hyperpigmentation, though it doesnt even bother me at all.