Notifications
Clear all

The Ordinary 2% Salicylic Nightmare PLEASE HELP

MemberMember
(@problematicskin)

Posted : 06/02/2017 6:42 am

I bought The Ordinary 2% Salicylic and followed the instructions by dabbing on spots. I also put the treatment on a few hard lumps under my skin on my chin. I used to get recurring boils as a teen but I cut out dairy and they stopped. So occasionally I get bumps that sometimes come to white heads; but they aren't puss filled (sorry to be graphic) like boils are.

af7ec53713f19b2339630b7487720d1d.png

I woke up and the Salicylic acid had left a yellow film over my skin, I attempted to peel it off thinking it was just the yellow product and it left a hole in my skin that bled puss (again i'm very sorry if this is graphic).

aa0489507203cb3982202ad6702094c4.png

I'm distraught, I've been trying to hold it together and stop crying but I actually feel like I don't want to exist with skin like this. What's so upsetting is the rest of my skin is actually nice looking but my chin is horrid. The lumps are so sore and I'm terrified of them popping open, it seems like the salicylic acid drew the puss from deep under my skin up. Normally when I use aloe vera they just slowly heal and go down but it takes weeks. I've NEVER had such horrible inflamed skin.

Please help.

MemberMember
(@fannydubbelve)

Posted : 08/04/2017 5:09 am

I ran out of my Treatment from acne.org and gave The Ordinary a chance, among other products I tried out this Salicylic Acid. It broke my skin out worse than I've ever experienced. My whole face was covered. When I finally got my treatment (have to ship it to Sweden) the bumps started to finally go away. But my face has never been so painful as it were when I used the ordinary. Try not to pop it and just stay strong, just continue with the treatment tim acne.org and they will start to go away.

MemberMember
(@mem_mandala)

Posted : 04/21/2018 8:28 pm

I know this is an old post but I'm new to The Ordinary. None of the Acne.org products contain Salicylic acid so I would imagine it would take a while for your skin to adjust (28 days).