Easier to adjust to...

Notifications
Clear all

Easier to adjust to acne.org regimen?

MemberMember
(@olde81)

Posted : 05/26/2017 1:57 pm

I'm waiting for my first acne.org kit to arrive in the mail. My skin is quite accustomed to the side effects of benzoyl peroxide after using proactiv for 12+years. After finally doing some research I've switched to a gentle cleanser (CeraVe), 10% BP all over acne prone areas, followed by CeraVe pm moisturizer. This has been helping some but I'm not clear yet, so I thought I'd try Dan's products.
my question is whether or not I should expect the purging that commonly occurs when starting a new product. Since I've been using my own variation of Dan's regimen, is there a good chance of a smooth transition where I won't experience mega purge?

Thanks!

MemberMember
(@ilickoreos)

Posted : 05/30/2017 12:46 pm

Hi, there! I think this is all dependent on your skin. Everyone's skin is different and there are so many varying factors that play a role in our skin's health. I, for one, know that whenever I stop using benzoyl peroxide of any percentage for a period of time, and then go back on it, I will always experience dryness/flakiness/tightness/redness. That also comes with a slight purging period as well. But, that is because my skin is already on the dryer and sensitive side. One piece of advice I would like to give you is to still start slow once you receive Dan's products. You might experience a purging period or you might not, it is all dependent on your skin type! If you do experience a purging period, I would say to stick with it. Your skin might just need time to readjust when using a new product.

Please keep us updated on your progress and how Dan's products work for you!