Notifications
Clear all

Dietary Fat causes cystic acne?

MemberMember
(@mrmatt25)

Posted : 05/25/2017 9:46 am

Ive noticed I breakout with any substantial amount of dietary fat. I know this to be true for nuts and meats. (I am still experimenting with Omega 3s like Fish and Flax seed)
Does anyone else have this problem/knows how to correct it?
It is hard for me to get enough calories when eating like this.
Thanks!

(@Anonymous)

Posted : 05/25/2017 12:34 pm

You should eat idealy (never mind all the scientific stuff kerp it simple)

plenty veg,cauli,broccoli,cabbage and leafy greens and carrots.dont eat white potato,eat sweet.

eat fruit but dont hit your body with citric,eat pineapple,watermelon and bannana.

drink water few times daily,just tap water assuming its good.

try not to rely on topicals,use creams only on active shit,when its healing stop.

wash with warm water only and pat dry with fresh towel every time,keep your bedding clean every few days.

am unsure on meat,i am just experimenting as i eat curry,so am unsure whether meat or the spice chillis make me bresk out but at mo i grt rosacea and am suspecting its either spices,chilli or chicken meat.

i am eating lamb curry currently and so far i seem ok.

what i am saying is get a diet and a regime that is reasonably healthy bever mind counting calories,just avoid all the usual suspects and add and remove stuff on how your skin reacts.

if you have an healthy diet based off veg and no junk or processed crap and have a little meat,just watch your skin.

important!find a good moisturiser and apply after washing each time.

give it a month and your skin will settle but watch it,look in mirror regular and tell tale whiteheads or red spot that gos yellowhead is usualy reaction.eat sonething bad for your skin your skin reacts,eat something good your skin is good.

MemberMember
(@mrmatt25)

Posted : 05/25/2017 3:14 pm

2 hours ago, Quadboy said:

You should eat idealy (never mind all the scientific stuff kerp it simple)

plenty veg,cauli,broccoli,cabbage and leafy greens and carrots.dont eat white potato,eat sweet.

eat fruit but dont hit your body with citric,eat pineapple,watermelon and bannana.

drink water few times daily,just tap water assuming its good.

try not to rely on topicals,use creams only on active shit,when its healing stop.

wash with warm water only and pat dry with fresh towel every time,keep your bedding clean every few days.

am unsure on meat,i am just experimenting as i eat curry,so am unsure whether meat or the spice chillis make me bresk out but at mo i grt rosacea and am suspecting its either spices,chilli or chicken meat.

i am eating lamb curry currently and so far i seem ok.

what i am saying is get a diet and a regime that is reasonably healthy bever mind counting calories,just avoid all the usual suspects and add and remove stuff on how your skin reacts.

if you have an healthy diet based off veg and no junk or processed crap and have a little meat,just watch your skin.

important!find a good moisturiser and apply after washing each time.

give it a month and your skin will settle but watch it,look in mirror regular and tell tale whiteheads or red spot that gos yellowhead is usualy reaction.eat sonething bad for your skin your skin reacts,eat something good your skin is good.

I am eating no processed food and no refined sugar, as well as taking cold showers. I eat oatmeal and fruit every morning, beans chicken rice and veggies for lunch, and some kind of healthy dish for dinner, often some combination of fish, potatoes (white and sweet) rice, whole grain pasta beans spinach, apples, broccoli peppers and carrots. I am hoping to see improvement over the next week or so followong this plan. (I had been drinking ALOT of almond and coconut milk smoothies and believe that might have been an issue). I hope this plan works, aside from switching the chicken to fish Im not sure what else I could do. I also stay hella hydrated haha.

(@Anonymous)

Posted : 05/25/2017 3:29 pm

My point is that your acne is aggravated,unless theres a magical drug that will cure it then it wint ever go.your diet or habits cant be 100% certain of clearing your skin and your habits.

its a case of finding out what causes it to inflame and get worse,regardless of what your eating now you should watch and keep eye on your skin regular during day time.

you can then link your days diet with whsts happening with your skin.i suffer breakouts but think about what i was eating or fid before it broke out and if i think chicken caused it i stop chicken.

thinking chicken is healthy for you and assuming its good for you and your skin is just heresay just  cos people say it is,what happens when you find out its actualy breaking you out?

forget about calories and get real,calory counting is nerd stuff and ok for people who have good skin.acne prone skin is aggravated,if your diet is perfect then you should be relatively clear?

no,cos your aggravating it with food or hygene and cosmetic habits.

so which is it?
:)

MemberMember
(@moonlitriver)

Posted : 05/25/2017 3:32 pm

I find certain kinds of fat break me out (mainly dairy fat and red meat animal fats) but following a near fat free diet didn't clear me up, if anything it just made things worse. Maybe try experimenting to see if it is certain kinds of fats for you and whether some fats are okay, because having a diet almost free from fat is not good for anyone anyway (I'm now underweight as a result of cutting out as much fat and sugar as humanly possible for around 6 months and I keep getting ill all the time to boot).

MrMatt25 liked
(@Anonymous)

Posted : 05/25/2017 4:07 pm

Precisely my point,start at a place where you know what your eating and watch your skin.keep your days the same regardless,also yoyr hygene habits and watch your skin.

You break out,its something in that regime,find it and eliminate.you dont break out,add something diffetent,etc etc.

talking calories and fat is not the way,you eat and know what is roughly right for you and thats that.counting calories is irrelevant,then you might as well count your spots.

MemberMember
(@mrmatt25)

Posted : 05/25/2017 4:13 pm

3 minutes ago, Quadboy said:

Precisely my point,start at a place where you know what your eating and watch your skin.keep your days the same regardless,also yoyr hygene habits and watch your skin.

You break out,its something in that regime,find it and eliminate.you dont break out,add something diffetent,etc etc.

talking calories and fat is not the way,you eat and know what is roughly right for you and thats that.counting calories is irrelevant,then you might as well count your spots.

Thats the plan anyway. Im not counting calories from an acne standpoint, I just want to be able to eat enough to not be hungry.

(@Anonymous)

Posted : 05/25/2017 5:07 pm

Then eat a serving which is suitable to your hunger,dont stuff your face but dont skimp.

veg can be misleading,i eat a serving of veg daily that could be considered to be fit for 2 persons.but inside its just mush.