Notifications
Clear all

acne is worsening my depression and anxiety

MemberMember
(@sg-mazzio)

Posted : 05/22/2017 5:40 pm

I'm a 19 year old female and I've had moderate to severe acne since I was 11. I've tried absolutely everything from products to lifestyle changes, medications (prescribed by dermatologist AND otc meds, creams, ointments, etc) increasing water intake, you get the picture. I've also had severe depression and anxiety all my life and I'm on medications and therapy for it but my acne is truly stopping me from overcoming these issues.

I feel so ugly and hopeless and frustrated and feel that it'll never go away. I have a new breakout every morning and I'm not even surprised anymore but it still upsets me. I Barely leave the house anymore becsuse of it. If I do , I always wear acne-safe makeup and cleanse my skin extra good at night. I still break out. Makeup even makes my bumpy skin texture look worse? I'm depressed and very frustrated about it. I'm tired of it

MemberMember
(@harleyz)

Posted : 05/22/2017 9:01 pm

Reading this reminded me of myself. I can totally relate to how you feel. I documented my journey of finding a cure for my acne on this website, and the frustration that reeked through each post was not comparable to the actual despair that tormented me during those days. Birth control worked, then stopped working. Benzoyl peroxide started working, and I developed severe allergy to it. Antibiotics gave me bloody stool. Chinese herbal medicine made my entire face break out into a totally mess and it only got worse overtime. I suffered for an entire year before I finally found a dermatologist. After doing extensive research online I made up my mind to go on accutane. I went to the dermatologist and told her to put me on accutane. She looked at my horrible acne and said, okay.

It's the beginning of my 3rd month. I only have one tiny whitehead now. Before I could not even count how many zits I had on my face. They were all connected, and beneath my skin. I can finally look people in their eyes when I talk. Sweet I know exactly how you feel, and I appreciate every second when I feel the way I do now. Talk to your family. Talk to a doctor. If you are really out of options, maybe accutane could save you, as it did for me.

sg.mazzio liked
MemberMember
(@sg-mazzio)

Posted : 05/23/2017 11:37 am

14 hours ago, HarleyZ said:

Reading this reminded me of myself. I can totally relate to how you feel. I documented my journey of finding a cure for my acne on this website, and the frustration that reeked through each post was not comparable to the actual despair that tormented me during those days. Birth control worked, then stopped working. Benzoyl peroxide started working, and I developed severe allergy to it. Antibiotics gave me bloody stool. Chinese herbal medicine made my entire face break out into a totally mess and it only got worse overtime. I suffered for an entire year before I finally found a dermatologist. After doing extensive research online I made up my mind to go on accutane. I went to the dermatologist and told her to put me on accutane. She looked at my horrible acne and said, okay.

It's the beginning of my 3rd month. I only have one tiny whitehead now. Before I could not even count how many zits I had on my face. They were all connected, and beneath my skin. I can finally look people in their eyes when I talk. Sweet I know exactly how you feel, and I appreciate every second when I feel the way I do now. Talk to your family. Talk to a doctor. If you are really out of options, maybe accutane could save you, as it did for me. 

Thanks for sharing your story. I will consider looking into accurate soon if it doesn't clear up. I've tried everything else I'm just  scared about the terrible side effects some people reported having while on that medication. I'm glad your acne cleared up and are able to have confidence now.  Thanks Again for sharing :)

MemberMember
(@koloz)

Posted : 05/23/2017 7:47 pm

Dont worry you're not alone I am a 21 year old guy and acne destroyed my teen years. I think I hated it so much to my brain made a defense mechanism and blocked a lot of the memories out. Anyway I took 2 rounds of accurate 80mg and it cleared it, but I am trying to start my life from scratch now.

MemberMember
(@ahaguru)

Posted : 05/24/2017 12:06 am

Drink buttermilk or kefir on daily basis 1 cup
herbal teas help control acne and hormones
try this;
chamomile, mint, burdock, nettle, redraspberry leaves, milk thistle, lavender
take vitamin mix for skin