Notifications
Clear all

Healing update/ 6 months after second treatmetn

MemberMember
(@guzm0268)

Posted : 05/16/2017 9:31 am

Hi All,

I have went thru two subcision treatments and two TCA cross treatments. The second treatments was 4 months after the first and it has been about 6 months since my last treatment. While i have noticed some results, the scarring on left temple which are mostly icepicks have not seen too much improvement imo.
I have micro needled three times with the derminatior. Do you guys think if i keep microneedling, the ice picks will improve? I really dont want to do any more TCA or subcision cause the side effects last way too long for me. I had bumps that took months (about 5 months) to go completely down and the redness from the TCA has lasted well over 8 months (still a lot of redness) . What can i do to improve my ice picks? will constant needling work? (once every 6-8 weeks) ?

MemberMember
(@starlite)

Posted : 05/16/2017 5:53 pm

Those look like boxcar scars. You may need to get excision done.

MemberMember
(@beautifulambition)

Posted : 05/17/2017 5:34 am

First of all your edited out the pics, so I cannot help with them.

Icepicks work great with tca cross, if it is done multiple times

MemberMember
(@guzm0268)

Posted : 05/17/2017 5:51 pm

12 hours ago, beautifulambition said:

First of all your edited out the pics, so I cannot help with them.

Icepicks work great with tca cross, if it is done multiple times

No derminator will do nothing for icepicks, maybe other scar types. You need to get TCA spot peels as well for it to be effective.

Practically Nothing else will improve icepics, they go down to the bone. Verry deep. This is why acid works. As Starlite said excision with stiches is your only other option and this can look ugly for some time. Boxcars need spot TCA peels and microneedling and subcision. If you want to go the CO2 laser path, you will have mahor down time. Needling more will not improve the scars. You may need a retinoid aka tretinorin, retin a, isotrex, etc. You use this in between treatments for skin turn over. Scar treatment is leveling layers of the skin, so yes you will have down time. Otherwise there is makeup or dermal fillers.

I sent you a message.