Notifications
Clear all

CHEEK ACNE,PLEASE HELP!!

MemberMember
(@nani00)

Posted : 05/05/2017 9:41 pm

In the past my acne wasn't that bad apart from a bad breakout around my temples in middle school. That all changed in the last few months, when my acne started getting really bad on my cheeks. My acne has never been this bad, in fact I used to never get acne on my cheeks in general. It's starting to get really painful too. My primary doctor (not a dermatologist, just a family doctor) prescribed me Benzoyl Peroxide gel and Clindamycin (a topical antibiotic) but hasn't helped. . I haven't changed much of my routine,so I'm very confused. Can you help?  I've added some photos.IMG_1268.JPGIMG_1269.JPG

I'm also 17 y/o and a female. It's lasted around 6 months and it's always in the same areas.

(@Anonymous)

Posted : 05/06/2017 11:44 am

Use the benzol peroxide,it will help and reduce the active stuff.

wash only woth clean warm water,not hot.always pat your face dry with a clean towel.

change your diet to one which is stmpathic with your skin,no sugar,no dairy,try to stay away from processed food.eat sweet potato rather than white,eat brown whole bread not white.stay away from dairy products if you can.drink a few glass's of water every day.

keep your general hygene clean and dont finger your face,only open a spot if its ready to burst then do it gently,apply some benzol peroxide,leave it.

find a moisturiser thats good for your skin and moisturise your face after washing.

so wash your face,pat it dry,apply some benzol peroxide to effected areas,leave it 10-15mins to absorb into your skin then apply some moisturiser,dont slap loads on,just enough,you will get hang of it.

wash your face closer to bed time,do the same as i suggest above.

idea is to control your acne and not aggravate it,make your body healthy inside so your not aggravating it and healthy diet will help reduce and rid you of this active stuff.
:)

MemberMember
(@butterflygirl77)

Posted : 05/06/2017 6:15 pm

I get cheek acne too and it's the worst spot for acne, I know. It sounds like you might need something stronger than benzyl peroxide to treat this. The only thing that has been helping my skin is Retin-A, which is topical accutane. It's extremely drying, causes peeling, and may make your skin worse at first, but it is the most powerful topical solution that can change your skin drastically. I would do some research if I were you to see if that would be something you're willing to do. As quadboy said above, I would try staying away from dairy and processed sugar for a couple of weeks and see if that helps! If you don't see results within 2-3 weeks, it's generally not diet based. I went dairy-free, gluten-free, and processed sugar-free for a month and saw no results, but I had sooo much more energy so in the end it was totally worth it. It looks like you don't pick your skin, which is awesome and once it heals there should be pretty much no scarring. Hopefully this was a little helpful and keep us updated on your skin/what you're doing! ;D

(@Anonymous)

Posted : 05/07/2017 6:41 am

The idea of creams isnt just to fight bacteria on or in your skin its to also teduce inflammation.

you can image what you would look like if you just reduce the inflammation/swelling of the acne?

ok so idea is to fet rid of the inflammation and rid the skin of the infection which is also the bodies response to healing the effected area.your body is trying to rid itself of the crap in short.

so by being hygenic you reduce the risk of breakouts as your ridding the risk of external irritation.

healthy diet inside fights the causes of inflammation so you reduce the severity of the acne,done right you can stay 90% clear if not more.

you risk scarring,especialy if you pick at it and then you got scars to deal with.

makes sense to follow a regime that is sympathic to your skin,your healthier,you look better,you can kead a more normal life with confidence and you got no long term scars to havevto deal with,if acne is unsightly,add scars in with it and you got severe trouble in your life.
:)

MemberMember
(@grooving-till-old-till-dust)

Posted : 05/07/2017 7:57 pm

It seems like there is no clear answer for why we get acne and some others don't. It's pretty frustersting. Remember that you only have acne and no scarring yet so that is a major positive. Benzoyl peroxide kills acne causing bacteria, but honestly it never worked that well for me. Antibiotics worked little for me but not enough. All that ever worked for me was accutane, isotretinoin to be exact.

MemberMember
(@gladness58)

Posted : 07/17/2017 4:04 am

You just need to wash your face regularly and if possible do not use make ups until your acne disappears. Do not prick it with your fingers for it will just infect more your acne. You can tell your mom to buy doxyva. It is very helpful to treat your acne leaving a good facial complexion and definitely will reduce acne scars. It is also good for your tightening your skin making it flawless. Try to browse it on the internet for more information.