Notifications
Clear all

Need *FAST* suggestions for non-comedogenic/ hypoallergenic primer and foundation...

MemberMember
(@prettyinside)

Posted : 05/03/2017 5:59 pm

I'll be traveling in a few days and my skin just now has begun breaking out, 6 months after I stopped taking birth control (Minastrin 24-Fe).

I'm in need of a two reliable oil-free, non-comedogenic and hypoallergenic products: 1) an oil-absorbing primer and 2) a foundation. (I'd like to try a mineral powder foundation, but it may not be the best option, as my skin's oil production is increasing and I have rolling scars, which may be more obvious due to powder; still, I've read that certain mineral makeup is better for acne-prone skin than liquid makeup.)

For more than a year, I've been wearing Revlon ColorStay for Combination/Oily Skin; it's suited me well, but now I'm nervous that maybe something better--even less irritating and liable to cause cystic acne--may be out there that I just haven't tried yet.

Thank you,
PI

MemberMember
(@prettyinside)

Posted : 05/04/2017 1:44 pm

So far, 40 people have viewed this post--or maybe one person has viewed it 40 times (;))--and not one reply. *sigh* So if anyone could recommend oil-free, non-comedogenic products--a primer, a foundation (powder or liquid), or both--I would be very grateful. (I'm going out of town on 5/7/17 and wanted something I could wear for long hours during each day of my trip.)

I tried viewing the master list of non-comedogenic products, linked within the post titled "The Bad List: Comedogenic Ingredients and Products" by Green Gables. Unfortunately, that list is no longer available, as noted by several other forum members; so my attempt to find a list of oil-free, non-comedogenic foundations and primers has been thwarted. (I don't trust the "best-rated" lists provided by magazines and online beauty sites, for the most part.)

Thank you,
PI

nooknook liked
MemberMember
(@olde81)

Posted : 05/09/2017 2:55 pm

I use CoverFX anti-blemish mattifying primer. It contains salicylic acid and is noncomedogenic. It's the only primer I can use that does not cause me any breakouts. For foundation I was using Vichy Norma Teint foundation. It's nice because it's also noncomedogenic however it doesn't have the long wear I need and doesn't do much for oil control. I use L'Oreal infallible Pro Glow foundation if I need longer wearing makeup and I haven't had any issues with breakouts from it