Notifications
Clear all

IM CRYING SO MUCH

MemberMember
(@adrielmm)

Posted : 04/29/2017 4:50 pm

I am stressing so much, I'm laying in bed bawling my eyes out, usually my acne isn't that bad, I just get forhead acne and back acne, but I recently woke up, and it was all over my cheeks, it might not be acne I'm not sure, I prayed to god for it to be gone overnight, it's Saturday and I have school on Monday, I don't know what to do, I am running out of proactive all I have left is solution 1 and I'm almost out of 3. I am so concerned about how I look, I've been crying for hours, how do I get rid of this fast?!?

image.jpg

image.jpg

MemberMember
(@charlie456)

Posted : 05/01/2017 6:54 am

I don't think you can get rid of it fast but it should heal soon.

Get a doctor's appointment, good luck.

MemberMember
(@ilickoreos)

Posted : 05/02/2017 1:05 pm

Hi, there!

It doesn't look like the acne you have are cystic in nature. Which is a good thing because that type of acne can leave horrible scars. Have you looked into starting The Regimen from this website (Dan's cleanser, BP treatment, moisturizer?) If you haven't, I would advise that you buy the kits. They come in smaller sizes that you can try out before committing to buying the full size products. The main active ingredient that treats acne in Proactive is also used in Dan's regimen, which is the Benzoyl Peroxide, so I am positive that your skin will respond well to the treatment.

MemberMember
(@wehrlebird21)

Posted : 05/02/2017 2:11 pm

On 5/1/2017 at 7:54 AM, charlie456 said:

I don't think you can get rid of it fast but it should heal soon.

Get a doctor's appointment, good luck.

Your acne doesn't look bad AT ALL. VERY mild. don't panic or stress, I can seriously barely even notice the red bumps on your skin. continue doing whatever regimen you have and you can see a dermatologist at your earliest convenience. stressing and constantly looking at your skin will only make it worse, as our bodies can actually produce acne because of stress. Just wash your skin and treat it with whatever you are using and thats it. just leave it. don't touch it, don't pick your skin and it will heal and be fine

MemberMember
(@stephen-j)

Posted : 05/02/2017 8:08 pm

5 hours ago, Wehrlebird21 said:

Just wash your skin and treat it with whatever you are using and thats it. just leave it. don't touch it, don't pick your skin and it will heal and be fine

I agree with with what Wehrlebird21 says. You definitely want to give it a few days to see what it does before taking any drastic action. Oftentimes people notice a change in their skin and immediately change regimens, which could end up making your skin worse. If it does get worse (I'd recommend giving it at least 1-3 weeks on your regular regimen and see what happens) you could always try another regimen, such as the acne.org regimen that ilickoreos previously mentioned.
The most important thing is to not freak out and not obsess over it! Sometimes with breakouts, it can get worse before it can get better! I'm sure everything will go just fine! :)

MemberMember
(@dandytsunami)

Posted : 05/02/2017 9:55 pm

Wow is she trolling? if i had skin like that i would be crying from happiness, low key kinda offensive lol

MemberMember
(@grooving-till-old-till-dust)

Posted : 05/02/2017 11:24 pm

1 hour ago, DandyTsunami said:

Wow is she trolling? if i had skin like that i would be crying from happiness, low key kinda offensive lol

I agree

MemberMember
(@gitoja)

Posted : 05/03/2017 12:11 am

You're crying over that? You should see my face.. I would thank god to have your skin

MemberMember
(@wehrlebird21)

Posted : 05/04/2017 8:54 pm

On 5/2/2017 at 10:55 PM, DandyTsunami said:

I also agree.....

MemberMember
(@charlie456)

Posted : 05/07/2017 11:52 pm

She's obviously a teenager....things take on a different meaning as a teen...hence my post in the support forum.

I wouldn't let my kids in here making drama filled posts - here or on Facebook etc.

I doubt it's a troll, she's young and upset about the acne.

MemberMember
(@rachgentry)

Posted : 05/08/2017 11:29 am

I understand how skin can get you down - I felt similarly until I discovered Rodan+Fields (founded by the doctors who created Proactiv) - the results are INSANE! Are you interested in learning more about R+F?

MemberMember
(@jessieleigh)

Posted : 05/09/2017 3:32 pm

1. I would stop using the Proactiv. Proactiv ruined my face completely, and I'm convinced it's Proactiv that caused my skin to start creating cystic acne and that has since scarred my skin horribly. I remember one day I went to work and a coworker actually said, "omg what happened to your face?" It had caused massive, massive breakouts and it took months to clear up.

2. There are two things I use from the drug store on my face. Dove white bar soap, and antiseptic wash from Walgreens. I've been doing tons of research into acne and turns out that something like 90% of teen acne is caused by the demodex mite. An antiseptic wash kills the mites, thus clearing up the acne.

3. Don't pick them let them heal naturally, although you have quite a few on your face, they are not large, cystic, or pus-filled and gross.

https://www.walgreens.com/store/c/walgreens-antiseptic-skin-cleanser/ID=prod6051051-product