Notifications
Clear all

Looking for some advice on my scarring

MemberMember
(@genuinescrew)

Posted : 04/22/2017 2:47 pm

Hey.

I've managed to clear my face of acne for the most part and i'm happy with my skin now, however I have a lot of small scarring left over that I'd like to improve. 

Retinol, dermarolling, oil cleansing and lifestyle changes seemed to have helped clear my complexion and scarring the most, I don't have any other 4k photos like these, but my skin was so rough, congested, scarred and irritated all the time that it's pretty amazing where i'm at now. but of course, I still want to improve.

any suggestions on the remaining scars, large pores and generally bad texture to treat my skin would be much appreciated. both photos are captured with natural light and should show you a good bit of progress from where I was at acne wise. thanks!

blackbar.pngblackbar2.png

MemberMember
(@420blazeitfgt)

Posted : 04/22/2017 11:31 pm

its so mild that anything other than chemical peels would be overkill and not worth it imo

QuanHenry liked
MemberMember
(@genuinescrew)

Posted : 04/23/2017 10:57 am

thanks for the reply. what would you recommend starting with? its mainly the area around my forehead/eyebrows and nose that bother me the most, and even though it is light scarring, it's in a place that's hard not to gaze at.

MemberMember
(@robertitoo)

Posted : 04/23/2017 11:41 am

I think Medspa facials/mild chemical peelswould be sufficient. That and Sunscreen. Your skin is in good condition bro.

Glycolic peels

MemberMember
(@genuinescrew)

Posted : 04/23/2017 11:47 am

2 minutes ago, Robertitoo said:

I think Medspa facials would be sufficient. That and Sunscreen. You're skin is in good condition bro.

thanks man, I am happy with my skin and it's been a long journey, I feel for everyone out there that has to deal with acne/scarring, it's not easy and hearing that my skin looks healthy really means a lot coming from where I was at.

but I'm sure you can relate to wanting to make my skin better. it's almost like ocd at this point- I'm slowly chipping away at my bad skin until it's as close to perfect as it will get, just because I've never experienced nice skin since before I was a teenager and it's something that I really want.

MemberMember
(@dandytsunami)

Posted : 04/23/2017 11:50 am

Dude LOL ur skin is HOLYWOOD PERFECT THERE IS NOTHING TO IMPROVE makes me feel kinda bad tbh, u have better skin then models and u want BETTERR? lol

MemberMember
(@genuinescrew)

Posted : 04/23/2017 12:05 pm

2 minutes ago, DandyTsunami said:

Dude LOL ur skin is HOLYWOOD PERFECT THERE IS NOTHING TO IMPROVE makes me feel kinda bad tbh, u have better skin then models and u want BETTERR? lol

hollywood perfect? you're funny, but I appreciate the compliment. sorry for making you feel bad, though.

I understand that comparatively my skin may look good, but after dealing with skin problems for a decade now and finally figuring out something that has worked and actually fixed my skin, I would hope you would understand that the quality of my skin is something that I really appreciate.

this whole acne thing fucks with people and makes you see yourself differently, if I could see myself 5-10 years ago and see myself now I would be floored with the progress, but I still see my flaws. I could work on being more happy with my skin, but I also believe that I can improve it, so why wouldn't I want that? I think that most people here will always chase that white wale.

it's all relative.

MemberMember
(@beautifulambition)

Posted : 04/23/2017 12:45 pm

@GenuineScrewYou have been given good advice above. Med spa for tca peels, or glycolic. You could get tca cross for the large pores between your eyebrows, etc. I would buy a microneedling for upkeep and do some peels yearly.

How about you tell us how you cured yourself, and the lifestyle changes you made. That would be most helpful to everyone. Many have extremely severe scars with deformity. So they would enjoy some hope as some of them cannot leave the house. But yes I understand how scars can forgive the pun, "scar us for life." It's like a overweight person who changes their situation, they always feel part of them needs to be fixed or is inferior. I would suggest therapy if BDD or concentrating on little flaws is a issue, we can become hypercritical through having acne / scars. The one positive is it makes us sensitive to others who have gone through harder times in their lives, in ways others can not understand.

MemberMember
(@genuinescrew)

Posted : 04/23/2017 2:20 pm

appreciate the advice and your empathy.

I've been considering tca cross but as my skin is so sensitive as it is, I feel like it may be too much, but maybe i'll start with a super low tca concentration and do spot treatments. otherwise I hear glycolic peels are pretty good to start with?

as I said above, the most important things for my clear skin are:

retinol .5% along with light AHA/BHA. (retinol, not rein a, hasgiven me the clearest skin I've had since I was a kid, only been using for 5 months and I am amazed with the progress, definitely recommend to anyone with sensitive, congested skin)

dermarolling (cleared up raised scars and made existing scars a lot more shallow, .5mm to 1mm at home, 5/2sessions respectively, 4-6 weeks apart)

and the one people don't wanna hear-

lifestyle/diet changes along with patience (mainly eating less sugar/carbs, focusing on real, meaningful calories and staying away from anything super stressful on your body, from alcohol to not sleeping to just staying happy and avoiding anything negative that effects your well being.)

I truly believe it all starts within, skin problems are all the result of an underlying issue. I wasn't taking care of my health, even if I was healthier than most people my age even when my skin was shit, I needed to be even more on top of my health because apparently my body sucks and it's incredibly sensitive. I overdid it and often pushed myself too hard, I got terrible sleep, terrible food consumption, terrible relationships, horrible depression/chronic fatigue, I had unhealthy work, everything in my life was pretty stressful and damaging looking back, I know that now, and I'm reversing years of damage, feeling and looking better than I ever have after lots of time and hard work. My problems were all from not having balance and not giving my body the building blocks for what it needed to be healthy. remember that what your body may need will be different than what I need, that's for you to figure out.

time is always the common denominator, and as long as you are putting in more good, improving from where you were, I think everyone can get to a place where they will be happy with their skin, it just take a factor of time and a factor of actually doing something proven to work.

hence why I am still here, spending my time looking for more advice on my skin and what has worked for others that have knowledge here.

MemberMember
(@quanhenry)

Posted : 04/23/2017 8:48 pm

I agree your skin looks excellent.