Notifications
Clear all

Lasers vs Infini RF VS Microneedling (+/- copper peptides?)

MemberMember
(@brawn)

Posted : 04/22/2017 8:03 am

I have had multiple ErYag non-ablative fractional treatments that have yielded significant improvement.

However, I am starting to think that perhaps microneedling is superior to lasers, because lasers and RF devices are energy devices, and energy may cause irreversible tissue damage?
That is just my hypothesis.

What are the current treatments available?
What are all of the different types of microneedling methods? I have heard of dermastamp, dermaroller, derminator, dermapen. I am sure there are more.
My hypothesis is that the devices are more effective if they have thinner and sharper needles, higher number of needles per unit surface area, and does not cause microtearing. (I have no evidence to back up any of this)

Additionally, there are many different types of peptides, with copper peptide (Cu-GHK) being the one that seems most famous (others include Matrixyl and Matrixyl 3000). Which peptide is considered the most effective and/or has the most evidence?

What are your thoughts on my comments?

MemberMember
(@beautifulambition)

Posted : 04/22/2017 9:44 am

@BrawnThey are all the same thing. Your comparing basically different types of apples, but they are all apples. http://derminator.com is what most of us use here. Dermapen in my experience, sucks, uses inferior parts you can find in vibrators / microtears. Stamps are better than rollers, just manual and wear out quicker

Matrixyl does very little, I am sure it helps heal a little. Vitamin C and HA pure serum are much more important.

Microneedle plus tca peels are the best scar treatment comparable to laser without the side effects.

Brawn liked